Premier League 2008–09 Thread

Just continuing the general Scouse pessimism that seems to prevail 'round here,

Just to add even more woe - William Hill have had a large number of calls this morning from people wanting to put money on Rafa not being manager after Sunday and have stopped taking any more bets. :(

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to add even more woe - William Hill have had a large number of calls this morning from people wanting to put money on Rafa not being manager after Sunday and have stopped taking any more bets. :(

he's coming to Newcastle! :P:D:lol:

I suspect Inter may well stuff them though. They really storm forward because of their faith in the defence, that may well not happen tomorrow.

Inter are dump we should've scored a couple last night if it wasn't for Julio Cesar we would've done too. Imbrahimovic is over rated he couldn't get the better of a young lad with an ankle injury, can't wait for the 2nd leg when Vida is back and we start Rooney up front

It's not often the play matches the hype but it was an exciting contest last night. I thought the manager's post-match comments were absolutely classic:

Mourinho : "Hopefully in the next game the referee will be on our side ... I don't want to go into details of things like how we didn't have a penalty. Everything was against us, every little detail. You watch how many free-kicks they had and we had. The way we got yellow cards and they did not. I think the tendency was clear."

Ferguson : "I thought we saw a marvellous performance from the referee. He wasn't intimidated and that's what Mourinho means when he says he was disappointed. He was hoping to get a referee who would come here and be intimidated. But this referee wasn't intimidated at all. I thought he was first-class."

Maybe they were watching different games...

Tonight's Real v Liverpool could be good. The head-to-head between Robben and Alonso on who best cons the ref should be fascinating. Robben was so bad at one time John Smith's wanted him to replace Peter Kay on the diving board advert and after his histrionics against Chelsea the actor's union Equity are insisting that Alonso registers with them pronto if he wants to play again in the UK.

Marvellous stuff!

Tonight's Real v Liverpool could be good. The head-to-head between Robben and Alonso on who best cons the ref should be fascinating. Robben was so bad at one time John Smith's wanted him to replace Peter Kay on the diving board advert and after his histrionics against Chelsea the actor's union Equity are insisting that Alonso registers with them pronto if he wants to play again in the UK.

Marvellous stuff!

Edited because I hate calling people names. Sorry.

Edited by jagman

he's coming to Newcastle! :P:D:lol:

1f6xwk.jpg

Marvellous stuff!

Edited because I hate calling people names. Sorry.

I started watching the game and quickly changed channels. Real were less than ordinary - they were crap.

Another good result for the Premiership who like last year are making a strong showing. But with the dosh they are paid so they should...

Liverpool fans.

Just one piece away from the jigsaw. Just one more corner to turn.

They will finish Top 4 though. Because Arsenal won't catch them. I can see Villa pipping them to third though.

It was Rafa's "Keegan-moment" that sent them into freefall.

"Rafa's cracking up".

Indeed he is and my how I'm pissin meself over it ...

...GOMH*...

benitez_keegan.jpg

Got to love the FSW

Can't wait for him to sign his new contract as the deluded Man U wannabees across the park will never win the PL with him in charge.

Great result ( if not performance ) from Everton yesterday , West Brom played some really good stuff as they seem to have done all season , if they go down , I for one will certainly hoping that they keep Mowbray and that they come straight back up.

The title is all Man U's to lose now and there is no way SAF will let them become complacent.Race for 4th looks like it could go down to the wire with our upcoming fixtures being seemingly easier than Arsenal's or Villa's , I do think Villa will hang onto it , despite their recent indifferent results.

COYBB