Incredible driving skills spotted this afternoon from one horse tram ride from the Jubilee Clock to Derby Castle. One was a 4x4 driver who stopped on the tram track facing the oncoming horse just past Greensills Corner, and didn't move out of the way until after the horse tram was forced to apply the brake.

The "best" one was blue van man, who was in such a hurry he pulled out past double parked vehicles as the horse was nearly up to them. He nearly took the horses head off; caused an emergency brake application and shout from tram driver. This was at about 3.50pm, the tram was number 33, and the horse Philip.

Both vehicles were locally registered. Blue van man, F** 840A, you know who you are. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Both should buy a copy of the Manx Highway Code, at the very least.

Perhaps I should also give an honourable mention to the taxi that sped past on the inside just after the tram had stopped to pick up some passengers.

I've seen some pretty 'wild' manouvers from locals passing horse trams the last couple of weeks - last night spooted a ligh green(ish) citroen people carrier overtaking the horse tram at the bottom of summer hill. Spotted a four wheel drive do the same last week mid prom, spotted a few bikes (foreign plates) do the same.

I thought the horse trams used to have keep left signs on the back to stop that kind of thing ? Seems a bit risky to me to pass it on the right hand side into oncoming traffic.

Both should buy a copy of the Manx Highway Code, at the very least.

Thou shalt drive like a twat at all times.

Thou shalt not give way to children, old people, animals or horse trams.

Thou shalt drive as fast and as inconsiderately as possible at all times.

All life is yours to take should it stray in front of your divine tin box.

I remember hearing the other week on manx radio when the roads policing unit were on that the trams have a blue keep left sign on the rear of them, but travelling up and down the prom all day with my job ive not seen one, i know this dosent excuse the mad local drivers but it dosnt help the visitors one bit!!

I remember hearing the other week on manx radio when the roads policing unit were on that the trams have a blue keep left sign on the rear of them, but travelling up and down the prom all day with my job ive not seen one, i know this dosent excuse the mad local drivers but it dosnt help the visitors one bit!!

As an occasional visitor sometimes with my car, I have always wondered the correct procedure if you have to pass a horse tram. I tended to try and keep out their way to be honest, but if I had to crawled passed them on the left hand side!

Never seen a tram with a keep left arrow yet either.

Both vehicles were locally registered. Blue van man, F** 840A, you know who you are. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Oh I wonder if it could have been been FMN840A I dont care about filling in the gaps to name a wanker such as that if I knew who it was I would give their name as well

I wish the horse trams would pack up and go... Ok, they are pretty and touristy, but during rush hour when races are on when the ONLY way to get north of Douglas is via the prom and idiots double park and people in small lots of cars can't judge gaps, and others just don't want to drive past the horse, then you get the buses/wagons who can't fit, but rather give way and let the cars pass they sit tight right up the backside of the horsetram... thanks very much....... it just causes utter chaos....

Move the horse trams onto the walkway and make the prom a wide laned carriageway where you can easily pass vehicles who are turning/double parking/going 10mph.

(I would like to add that I have never been agressive towards or tried to block any horse tram, I always give way on the very few occasions a passenger is boarding or disembarking the horse tram and I have actually been on the tram a few times in my life)

Oh I wonder if it could have been been FMN840A I dont care about filling in the gaps to name a wanker such as that if I knew who it was I would give their name as well

Are you allowed to do that?

take the trams off the roads when the roads are over loaded.
If the road was over loaded how the hell did the tram slow you down? you wouldn't have such a wide road to drive down and park on if it wasn't for the need to build it with the trams in mind. you should be thanking them not cursing them.
So what! They should take the shit-dropping empty granny carriages off the prom. They're a total pain in the arse, particularly today where everyone knows the roads were closing and so were trying to get from A to B (to do their jobs) before the roads were (randomly) closed.

I have no sympathy for such a stupid outdated transport system whose only patrons are even older than the sad old bastards who turn up to watch the MGP year after year.

This is the Isle of man, and this is our culture you are talking about. Adapt, or get the boat in the morning if you don't like it - and don't try and turn us into some sh!thole UK rat race county.