Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
Lao

Mixed Martial Arts Update

Well done guys. I'm sure next year you will have a few belts coming this way as it sounds like the guys are loving it in the cage.

As promised highlight reel footage of the lads competing at the finals, this is my first go at editing together a highlight reel so be nice! :)

http://www.blackdogmma.com/welsh08.asp best watched with the sound up.

And yes my website is fairly bare at the moment but it is a work in progress.

There are also videos of all the lads fighting just go to video gallery and then click on the name of a fighter to watch his fights.

Website is coming along nicely Andy. Mine is back under construction, and renovating. I'll keep you informed when it's back up. However, yours is VERY shiney!.

Video highlight was nicely put togther. Best of luck in the future guys.

Cheers Chris.

hope all is well with you we must get together for a coffee to catch up.

I like the look of our website, its just embarrasingly empty at the moment but i will get round to it!

Thank god you have started mma on the island i am looking to move back to the island after 8 years in england.I am just waiting to secure a job. I used to box as a youngen but mma became my savior working the doors in middlesbrough r years using the restraint and submision techniqes rather than just letting my hands go.Please can you email me details of your classes and whereabouts and stuff. I do not compete ( not fit enough and to old !!) but would love to be a part of this ? christianmayers@live.co.uk

Thank god you have started mma on the island i am looking to move back to the island after 8 years in england.I am just waiting to secure a job. I used to box as a youngen but mma became my savior working the doors in middlesbrough r years using the restraint and submision techniqes rather than just letting my hands go.Please can you email me details of your classes and whereabouts and stuff. I do not compete ( not fit enough and to old !!) but would love to be a part of this ? christianmayers@live.co.uk

sure i'll pm you the pertinant info in the morning, just got in off the boat after a weekend away, lots of such correspondence to catch up on.

Hey,

I've just moved to the island and would like to take up some sort of martial art.

I did some shotokan when I was younger but I really want to do more sparring and try and get my fitness up.

I'm living in douglas at the moment, without a car, so I would like to train somewhere close, any suggestions?

Cheers,

Rob

hey Rob,

My place, BlackdogMMA is on Falcon Cliff Terrace Lane, just near the dog walking field in Nobles park, tuedays and thursdays 7:30 til 9:30 and saturdays 1:00 til 3:00 give me a call on 244335 for clear directions, or if you want to ask any questions about any of the local clubs.

I would also recommend that you try Chris Bishop's place above the jabberwocky coffee shop in the high street im sure he will see this thread and can fill you in on class time etc, but i think he does Mondays and wednesdays. you can also try Douglas Judo club, they have a website for more details.

good luck and i hope you find something that fits your needs.

hey Rob,

My place, BlackdogMMA is on Falcon Cliff Terrace Lane, just near the dog walking field in Nobles park, tuedays and thursdays 7:30 til 9:30 and saturdays 1:00 til 3:00 give me a call on 244335 for clear directions, or if you want to ask any questions about any of the local clubs.

I would also recommend that you try Chris Bishop's place above the jabberwocky coffee shop in the high street im sure he will see this thread and can fill you in on class time etc, but i think he does Mondays and wednesdays. you can also try Douglas Judo club, they have a website for more details.

good luck and i hope you find something that fits your needs.

...What Andy (Lao) said. We run classes Monday and Wednesday. Crazy Monkey Kickboxing 615-730, Brazilian Jiu Jitsu 730-9pm.

We are a non competetive club focusing on the everyday guy and gal looking to engage in Functional martial arts, fitness and fun.

Should you require any further info or have some questions fire me an email on chris@crazymonkeyiom.com

Cheers

Edited by ChrisBishop