Coronavirus topics renamed and some locked. No new topics. ×
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
Jimcalagon

Another Online Petition

After reading the thread about about prisoners being unable to smoke in the Isle of Man I got thinking - it's not just the prisoners who have been deprived of their liberty to smoke unjustly, has anyone given a thought to poor Champ?

Not only has he been deprived of his liberty, facing possible deportation/repatriation to Ireland or even a summary execution, he is also not allowed to smoke in the DAFF kennels in which he is currently detained. I think this is an unacceptable breach of his human rights, on top of the racism against some breeds of dogs (to which he may or may not belong) inherent in the system.

If you agree with me that Champ should be allowed to smoke, add a post below. When this thread reaches one million posts I will forward a link to someone at the DAFF.

Also, if anyone wants to help pay for my time in creating this thread and reading through it, please include your bank details and I will debit a small(ish) amount from your account.

Finally, this is a petition, not a discussion. I'm not interested in the views of anyone that I don't agree with so please don't clutter this thread up with them.

If you want to help, please send a copy of the following letter to Tony Brown at

Tony Brown,

Wedding Cake,

Douglas

Isle of Man

To Tony Brown

I, the undersigned, believe that it is a criminal act against the human rights of the Dog of indeterminate breed known as Champ to prevent him from smoking tobacco whilst he is detained at your pleasure awaiting his fate. Please allow Champ to live with dignity in a haze of foul-smelling and poisonous tobacco fumes and rescind this cruel and unusual law as it applies to dogs.

<your name here>

If you start another thread about petitions I am going to start a petition requesting that you stop it

I'm starting a petition to complain about your petition.

I visited there, it made me weep, poor dog, dressed in Guantanamo Bay red. Poor little baby-face-removing-pooch.

What do you call an American Pitbull with 4 legs and an arm?....Champ in a month if he lives.

What do you call an American Pitbull with its eyes permanently shut?.....Champ a month from now

post-12802-1222165698_thumb.jpg

Edited by Bambster

After reading the thread about about prisoners being unable to smoke in the Isle of Man I got thinking - it's not just the prisoners who have been deprived of their liberty to smoke unjustly, has anyone given a thought to poor Champ?

Not only has he been deprived of his liberty, facing possible deportation/repatriation to Ireland or even a summary execution, he is also not allowed to smoke in the DAFF kennels in which he is currently detained. I think this is an unacceptable breach of his human rights, on top of the racism against some breeds of dogs (to which he may or may not belong) inherent in the system.

If you agree with me that Champ should be allowed to smoke, add a post below. When this thread reaches one million posts I will forward a link to someone at the DAFF.

Also, if anyone wants to help pay for my time in creating this thread and reading through it, please include your bank details and I will debit a small(ish) amount from your account.

Finally, this is a petition, not a discussion. I'm not interested in the views of anyone that I don't agree with so please don't clutter this thread up with them.

If you want to help, please send a copy of the following letter to Tony Brown at

Tony Brown,

Wedding Cake,

Douglas

Isle of Man

To Tony Brown

I, the undersigned, believe that it is a criminal act against the human rights of the Dog of indeterminate breed known as Champ to prevent him from smoking tobacco whilst he is detained at your pleasure awaiting his fate. Please allow Champ to live with dignity in a haze of foul-smelling and poisonous tobacco fumes and rescind this cruel and unusual law as it applies to dogs.

<your name here>

LMAO!! brilliant. just brilliant!

LMAO!! brilliant. just brilliant!

What Sophie said ;)

I also heard through the grapevine that he hasn't been allowed access to his sunglasses which, quite frankly, sickens me to the core.

This is all a bit one sided, if champ had been a Beagle in a lab he would have been allowed to smoke 40 Bensons a day, just because he isn't part of an experiment should we take his fags away

I also heard that Champ can't go on holiday during term time.

Will you let us all know when you plan to have the "Let Champ Smoke" march?