Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
Lee54

Ramsey Tesco

Its only a rumour that is circulating amongst the tenants at Gladstone Park in Ramsey, but they are saying that Tesco are going to open a store at Gladstone Park.

Why would tesco open a store in a town of 6000 souls when there are already 3 supermarkets there?

Put this one back in it's box.

I have to say that is a really bad idea. Their's a Tesco supperstore in Douglas that is fine. Yeah I sure like Tesco but we need Pizza Hut and Burger King.

Yeah I sure like Tesco but we need Pizza Hut and Burger King.

What for?

The sad thing is is that if some one set up a franchise for either in Ramsey it would probably attract a load more people there.

Heard from my daughter (of all people) that Tesco is moving to Farmhill - another re-heated rumour?

Heard from my daughter (of all people) that Tesco is moving to Farmhill - another re-heated rumour?

I must have missed that supermarket sized house or supermarket sized empty piece of land in Farmland when I was last up there. When will people understand that the Island is not really big enough in population terms for the store they've already got?

When will people understand that the Island is not really big enough in population terms for the store they've already got?

If that is true why is Tescos totally chocca 7 days of the week then?