Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
Higgy

Man Utd V Bolton Game - Never A Penalty!

Has anyone just seen the highlights of the game on MOTD? What was the ref thinking about when he gave Ronaldo a penalty? He's barmy :o

It was clearly a penalty!!!

I mean united were playing at Old Trafford and Ronaldo fell over in the penalty area. How you think it wasn't a penalty I'll never know, you know nothing about football!!

That was an awful piece of refereeing, that was definitely not a penalty. I hope Styles gets banned from refereeing for longer than one bloody weekend!

kevin nolan came out and said that all the players in the box said it wasn't a penalty (thats both sides) but styles went off on his own tangent

no one appealed for it just one mans mad decision, one of the better reasons as to why video technology is needed

no one appealed for it just one mans mad decision, one of the better reasons as to why video technology is needed

Its a fine line as to where you should or shouldnt introduce technological assistance to the refs....starting point should be goal line crossing and then see how that happens....I would be against removing all the talking points from matches...I mean what would I have to be bitter about on a Monday morning if every decision was analysed and corrected on the day!!

....I mean what would I have to be bitter about on a Monday morning if every decision was analysed and corrected on the day!!

How about the fact that you would still be supporting a team capable only of mid table mediocrity!

:P

Edited by manxman8180

i'd rather have correct desisions and let the talkin point be the standard of footie etc, the technology takes nothing away from cricket n rugby adds to the excitement

I think Cricket has the right balance. Yes there is technology, but not for Umpire only calls, such as LBW's etc.

Quite right too. There has to be some room for argument.......

....I mean what would I have to be bitter about on a Monday morning if every decision was analysed and corrected on the day!!

How about the fact that you would still be supporting a team capable only of mid table mediocrity!

:P

Pah....we ain't THAT good!

Even Megson said that Ronaldo couldnt help but go over with his momentum.

To be fair, Man Utd were all over Bolton anyway so i think it was a forgone conclusion who would win.

I mean united were playing at Old Trafford and Ronaldo fell over in the penalty area. How you think it wasn't a penalty I'll never know, you know nothing about football!!

Oh you bitch :P

Oh you bitch :P

Bolton looking like relegation material again this year :(