Silly Season

ai_Droid

Lot on the way! Kicked off for me with World of Goo, been waiting for this for a while, bridge builder crossed with lemmings, vid:

http://vimeo.com/1870125?pg=embed&sec=1870125

It doesn't disappoint, bags of charm, lots of funnies, great puzzles and a great little game.

Then Saints Row 2, really liked the first Saints Row even though it was just a gta clone on next gen I had a great tie with it and a lot

of the cool stuff has been copied for GTA4. The 'everything cooprative' aspect should be good if I can find someone else who buys

it.

Fable 2, loving the look of the cooperative stuff.

Then the big love, Fallout3, looks yummy as fuck and I want to hump Bethesdas leg but it's going to be competing hard with Gears of War 2, argh.

And Cod fucking 5! It's silly really when you see em all lined up and all appearing over the next month some of them had better suck to save me some time!

Some games will go on the 'would love to but just aint got the time', Farcry 2, Dead Space, Duke Nukem (roflcopter), Ghostbusters, Guitar Hero World tour, Endwar, Mirrors Edge, Tomb Raider, Left 4 Dead...

So unfair, why don't they spread em out a bit?

So unfair, why don't they spread em out a bit?

Agreed my wallet is creaking at the thought. I'm going to have to very selective, but it means I can pick up the others later when they will probably dropped in price.

Here's my list of wants out before Christmas - bah!!! :o

• PES 2009
  • Little Big Planet
  • Saints Row 2
  • Call of Duty: World at War
  • Dead Space
  • Fallout 3
  • Resistance 2
  • Guitar Hero World Tour
  • Shaun White Snowboarding
  • Midnight Club - LA
  • Motorstorm: Pacific Rift
  • Tom Clancy's - End War
  • Prince of Persia
  • Mirrors Edge

too many AAA titles coming out across the board, but where there's a will there's a way ( plus I've been saving hard for this season )...

LittleBigPlanet

Fallout 3

Fable2

Gears 2

Dead Space

Far Cry2

Mirrors Edge

Resistance 2

Tomb Raider underworld

Saints Row 2 ( Droid, just look me up i'll be up for some co-op craziness )

Valkyria Chronicles ( I think this is released in the states just before xmas so i'll be importing this one!! )

Quantum of Solace ( the new bond game )

COD World at War

Sacred 2

Prince of Persia ( if it meets it's release date )

Left4Dead ( how did I miss that off my list!! )

Trackmania ( on the DS!!! :lol: )

that should keep me fairly busy throughout the cold winter months :)

Edited by K.os Theory

I will be getting Saints Row 2 so if you fancy some co-op fun slim let me know.

Im fed up of WoW already. :) my come back lasted all of 2 months. I am going to get WOTLK just to lvl to 80 and see the new content but I wont be playing it seriously.

BOOOO looks like LBP may be delayed...

http://kotaku.com/5064974/littlebig-planet...-european-delay

hopefully not, i've really been looking forward to this! :(

And what a strange reason:

Confirmed: LittleBigPlanet delayed over Qur’an “expressions”, SCEE makes statement

NSider's Letter To Sony And Media Molecule Re: Qur'an References

:huh:

• 2 weeks later...
Well purchase 1 on the silly season list (Far Cry 2) has turned out to be utter garbage.

If I wanted to aimlessly drive about whilst looking for work I would have become a taxi driver.

I read this earlier today and had to disagree, I've played a couple of hours and I thought it was quite good.

Now I've played probably 3-hours tonight and after a couple of missions, I turned the bloody thing off and have no real desire to pick it up again anytime soon. Don't get me wrong, the graphics are ace, the maps are massive, gun fights are good, there's loads of weapons and the game-play is okay. What annoys me is what you said, driving all the way around the bloody map. "Your mission is to kill the local police chief" - no problem, except the local police chief is 15 minutes drive away, through a load of checkpoints that-you-go-through every fricking mission, killing the same people each time. Then when you do the mission, "meet me at Mikes" - 20 minutes on the other side of the fricking map... Then to be told, kill this group of people, up the same-way you just came...

Multiplayer is ok though.

EDIT - I've read a few forums where people are saying its crap to begin with, but a few hours in - it starts to pick up... Lets hope so.

Edited by concrete

well so far i've picked up :

Saint's row 2 - bloody great fun, it just doesn't get old picking up old ladies and throwing them into the traffice :rolleyes: only downside is that there is no button to centre the camera when you're driving

Far Cry 2 - played this for about 5 hours so far, loving it just exploring the countryside in a dune buggy looking for diamonds. Actually only done a couple of missions but this has tons to offer ( for me anyways ).

Fable2 - brilliant, the writing is top notch and the fighting mechanics are simple but perfect, again only about 3-4 hours in trying to make some serious money ( any tips?? )

Dead Space - just put simply, this is amazing...EA have really pulled something special off here. Pretty damn scary ( but then again i'm not usually one for survival horror games ), the graphics are nothing short of amazing ( some of the best I've seen on a console this gen ). If you like Resi 4 then this is definately for you. 3-4 hours in and only partway through the second of 12 chapters!

Jeez, Fallout 3 this Friday and then LBP next Friday and then COD WAW the following!!!! Need more hours in the day goddamit! :lol:

4 hours in and on chapter 2, am I missing something?

I'm 5 and a half hours in and just starting chapter 7, it's not like I havnt been exploring the other rooms/routes between destinations.

Also I noticed an achievement for only using the plasma cutter so havnt purchased any other weapons nor have I upgraded at the bench so have a stash of nodes.

4 hours in and on chapter 2, am I missing something?

I'm 5 and a half hours in and just starting chapter 7, it's not like I havnt been exploring the other rooms/routes between destinations.

Also I noticed an achievement for only using the plasma cutter so havnt purchased any other weapons nor have I upgraded at the bench so have a stash of nodes.

haha I'm a fcukin wuss man what can I say :P ...I'm creepin' round trying not to antagonise the necromorphs ( not having much luck with that tactic ), haven't been able to find any nodes ( other than those purchased from the vending machines ) but I only realised that you could stomp the green ( I think ) boxes on the floor at the beginning of chapter 2 so figure I may have missed a few? It's feckin awesome, i'm takin' my time and lovin' every minute of it! :D