Family Trip To London

Anyone have any ideas - the missus, me and the two little ones would like to have a trip to London - ideally self catering! The interweb is so full of stuff its impossible to get any sense of quality or value.

So any suggestions gladfully recieved!

We'd like to be close enough to the centre to get to say Trafalgar square in 20 mins on the tube!

Anyone have any ideas - the missus, me and the two little ones would like to have a trip to London - ideally self catering! The interweb is so full of stuff its impossible to get any sense of quality or value.

We'd like to be close enough to the centre to get to say Trafalgar square in 20 mins on the tube!

You can get a family room at the Holiday Inn Mayfair, straight across fron the Ritz, for £130 a night.

I often stay at the Novotel in Waterloo just across the river from Westminister but this is probably too expensive for a family trip.

I suggest you look for somewhere in the Victoria/St James Park area. You should find somewhere suitable as this area has loads of places within walking distance of Westminister Abbey- 5 mins from St James tube.

What's the budget? Chelsea Cloisters would fit the bill, but it might be more than you want to pay. A girl-friend stayed there once, and it was OK.

http://www.chelsea-cloisters.co.uk/

When paying my own way I usually stay at a Premier Inn. Bland but dependable, and good value for a family (if kids are under 16). Not self-catering, though.

S

I do not know how old your kids are etc but I would look at a serviced apartment. They tend to be better value than hotels, the kids can have their own bedrooms and as they are all part of an apartment there is no need to go to bed when the kids go to bed. Or if you do sleep is not necessarily the only option!

Yes they do not have all the facilities of a hotel but I tend not to use anyway with the family as we would tend to eat out etc