Peel Christmas Lights

once again peel commisioners are using rate payers money to fund a ridiculous laser show as they turned on the lame lights of michael street. how much did it cost to employ the company and the four men ( 3 standing watching) to set this up? after wasting money on failed parking on the prom, zeus the falcon and plastic owls, i cant wait to see whats next. maybe we need a roundabout outside the white house, or a giant seagull opposite the creek. come on guys dont dissapoint me do something really stupid.

I agree with you, we must have the biggest set of muppets in the Island as Commissioners in Peel (unless someone can put up a good argument against that!!). There used to be a good site peopleofpeel.co.uk which was good to criticise them and there was one who would reply but that appears to have gone quiet. I always think that things will improve after each election but, surprise surprise, am always disappointed. Has anyone got a good word for Peel?????? :lol:

I agree with you, we must have the biggest set of muppets in the Island as Commissioners in Peel (unless someone can put up a good argument against that!!). There used to be a good site peopleofpeel.co.uk which was good to criticise them and there was one who would reply but that appears to have gone quiet. I always think that things will improve after each election but, surprise surprise, am always disappointed. Has anyone got a good word for Peel?????? :lol:

mikehpeel, People of Peel has just been relaunched - have a look.

Venting spleen is all well and good but if you want anything to change, you have to be prepared to tackle the Commissioners directly on the issues which bother you, armed with sensible arguments and suggestions as to how things could be done differently. And no, I'm not a Commissioner. I tend to agree with you - but just huffing about how crap they are isn't going to change anything. Give them a big kick up the arse....and watch your foot wear down to a nub as it gets you nowhere...possibly :huh:

Is this the view of everyone in Peel?

Fair do`s if all that went thought it was pants, but if there were a load of people that went and enjoyed the event then whats the problem spending money on things like this to give at least some of the community something.

mikehpeel, People of Peel has just been relaunched - have a look.

Venting spleen is all well and good but if you want anything to change, you have to be prepared to tackle the Commissioners directly on the issues which bother you, armed with sensible arguments and suggestions as to how things could be done differently. And no, I'm not a Commissioner. I tend to agree with you - but just huffing about how crap they are isn't going to change anything. Give them a big kick up the arse....and watch your foot wear down to a nub as it gets you nowhere...possibly :huh:

Tried that on a few occasions over the years but it was always one of the others responsible, not the ones I have approached so have now given up! I don't put my feelings on peopleofpeel but have read some of the comments (strange how the most contributed to category is Commissioners), I would have agreed with you about direct contact but see first sentence. I don't think it matters where you live, you can't suit all the people all the time.

Edited by mikehpeel