Shopping Problems

has anyone else noticed that amazon, and play.com will not deliver electrical goods to the island anymore? i've also been told other sites are following their lead. i've had things go missing in the post but i did'nt realise that this was such a big problem. could it be that the uk are cutting off all links to the island not just our health agreement?

Are you sure it's Amazon, and not the store you're using through Amazon? I've just tried ordering a Sony 20" tv, and it has let me get to the payment page without problem (it normally stops you before then if they don't deliver to the chosen address), but that is coming direct from Amazon, not one of their affiliate companies

has anyone else noticed that amazon, and play.com will not deliver electrical goods to the island anymore? i've also been told other sites are following their lead. i've had things go missing in the post but i did'nt realise that this was such a big problem. could it be that the uk are cutting off all links to the island not just our health agreement?

It's a restriction on marketplace sellers, not play and amazon themselves. I think its because of the way amazon and play calculate (or don't) postage to non-mainland. I mailed a marketplace seller direct and he said they had to stop because they were losing money on the courier costs.

It's a restriction on marketplace sellers, not play and amazon themselves. I think its because of the way amazon and play calculate (or don't) postage to non-mainland. I mailed a marketplace seller direct and he said they had to stop because they were losing money on the courier costs.

And Amazon themselves in some circumstances. Eg

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/d...Id=524836#large

Large items

Any item that is 30 kg or heavier is considered a large item, e.g. a widescreen television (larger than 26"), some fitness equipment. Large items can only be delivered to mainland UK (excludes Northern Ireland and the UK islands). Where we can only dispatch an item to mainland UK, this will be indicated on the item's product information page.

Although they delivered a 42 inch TV to my Mum a few months ago.

dabs.com has always been good for me

Also I saw a notice in Tesco today saying Tesco Direct is now available on the IoM

edit

tis true

http://direct.tesco.com/help/deliveryinformation.aspx#table

i have used tesco direct for the past 2 years

They suspended Tesco Driect to teh IOM for about a yar or 18 months. I bought some gear from them (the last July 2007) but then they stopped. Glad to see it reinstated even with the delivery charge.

Large items

Any item that is 30 kg or heavier is considered a large item, e.g. a widescreen television (larger than 26"), some fitness equipment. Large items can only be delivered to mainland UK (excludes Northern Ireland and the UK islands). Where we can only dispatch an item to mainland UK, this will be indicated on the item's product information page.

Although they delivered a 42 inch TV to my Mum a few months ago.

Well, we're not 'UK Islands', are we ;)