Xmas Work Dos

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tonight -

Same place as last year, and the year before that, and the year before that.

Not going.

After the first time (when 50% decided they wont be going for a second time) they (the organisers) still have to get the message that the place is shite.

So Im staying in, drinking in date beer, have some meat that looks like it was once real, and not thinking of the poor sods who have paid to have soggy turkey soup and murdered veg in the name of a works Xmas piss up.

Yeah, we had ours once at the Max, never again. Fucking pitiful it was.

We dont have an official work do - my boss is atheist and is a total bah humbug. We not even allowed decs up in the office, totaly boring. We dont so much get a bottle of wine or some chocolate!

We have organised our own xmas do - we going to Dirty Martini (a new york style coctkail bar) and then onto a brasserie in Covent Garden.

It has been quite amusing the last couple of weeks seeing all people going to their doos in the city etc, seeing people on train with black ties and ballgowns and then seeing them on the way home, totally pissed!

When I was in the IOM recently I had a Xmas dinner at the Miners Tavern - reallly really good, massive portions, freindly service, cosy and warm, just top notch!

We dont have an official work do - my boss is atheist and is a total bah humbug. We not even allowed decs up in the office, totaly boring. We dont so much get a bottle of wine or some chocolate!

Is he some sort of 'militant' atheist or is it more the bah humbug. Take it he is not coming with you on your Xmas do that you are organising.

What on earth has xmas got to do with Christianity? :)

We had ours, good night , Anyone been to Silverdale restraunt lately, like going to an expensive Harry's caff, not much cleaner and staff and chef arn't neither. Tell you where is good though Slug and Lettuce really nice food and clean. any one know of any other joints that are cheap and cheerful but clean,