Christmas Bonus

manxmaid

keeping my job is bonus enough.

I'm with Slinky on this one and glad to still have a job after 2 rounds of layoffs in the last 2 months, 50 staff out of 200 made unemployed just before christmas now thats got to be a real bummer, I think it's a case of "keep your heads down and look busy"

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my job our bonuses are based on the amount of money our branch makes. If we do over 70% each quarter, then we get a bonus - seems fair to me. Our company is giving the money we would normally spend on Xmas presents for our clients and temps to 2 charities - and they don't seem to mind. I don't know what it's like there in the IOM or UK at present, but there is a lot of redundancy going on and really, I'm just grateful that our branch are not going to restructure (fingers crossed anyway!)

Edited by Survivor

Isn't it ironic that the banks caused this credit crunch yet they still manage to pay out a bonus and as in one bank recently (no names but they have a good view of the town hall from the side window) sent some employees on an all expenses payed jolly to Jersey just for coming up with a slogan for an internal promotion, and they say the Govt waste money.

Oooh the anticipation is killing me. We always get a bottle of wine but, it hasn't been the best of years (thats not entirely true but it is the excuse being bandied about our office atm), maybe we'll just get a glass of wine this year :) I would be happy with an apprentice.

Our Christmas night out was partly funded by the company taking us to a restaurant and paying for our meal and a few drinks. (Pub later was mainly funded by us).

We usually get a bottle of something nearer Christmas too. However not sure whether there will be a wage rise next year!

I've still got a job and work with a great crowd of people that have a good business model. That's bonus enough for me.

Lucky you.

I enjoy my job, the firm has a good business model but I'm working with a golden shower of backstabbing, two faced, shallow, petty, first class cunts that I wouldn't piss on if they were on fire.

It's probably the same everywhere in office life.