Coronavirus topics renamed and some locked. No new topics. ×
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Bobbie Bobster

Aer Arann Special Offer - Where's The Catch?

does anyone know if the vouchers can be used on the final fare or is it only on the fare before taxes. I have emailed them, Still waiting for the reply though. They were an OK airline. Strangely though the toilet was always out of order whenever I flew. :-)

Edited by abrahamjv

Its on the final fare, so you can use it to pay taxes and charges

Does anyone know the legal aspects of buying vouchers using credit card (the woolworths vouchers would be a good example). Is it possible to claim the money back from the credit card company if Aer Arran/company issuing the voucher goes bust. What about partially used vouchers?. Could I get a refund from the CC company if Aer Arran goes bust after I have used only say £100 out of the £500

Bump.

Their offer is available again for this year but expires at midnight tonight.

As they didn't go bust this year, I decided to have a little punt this time.

Related articles on Aer Arann's finances - Paddy Power says they're 10/1 on next airline to go bust (BA 14/1 and Air Force One (which isn't even an airline!!) at 1000/1) and their CFO says debt restructuring 80% complete.

I have to say that it does sound like a great way of bringing a shit load of cash in very quickly which makes me wonder why they have decided to launch it.

I think the first half of your sentence answers the second...

I spent 30 minutes on the web last night and didn't find anything at all reassurring about the operation :-(

The only good news is the temporary drop in oil prices.

Come back BA - please :P

Come back BA you have got to be joking i would sooner go by rowing boat than use B*st**d Airline

As others have said this isn't new, they did it last year. A colleague took the offer up and it worked fine. If I had a trip planned in the near future I would buy some myself.

I've always found them to be excellent value. eg

1. You get fed on the LCY flight (I know it's only a free butty but the way to a man's heart etc etc)

2. You can cancel an outward leg of a return booking without losing the return leg.

3. A recent personal balls up required two name changes, one on an Aer Arran flight and the other on Flybe. AA charged £32 to correct it, whereas Flyrobbingbastards charged £209.

I've flown Air Arann a few times on the LCY route, the prices and service are excellent.

Agreed GD4. I used them to Dublin many time this year without problems and for a good price.

I spent 30 minutes on the web last night and didn't find anything at all reassurring about the operation :-(

Perhaps you were searching on Air Iran not Aer Arann?

close....

http://www.independent.ie/business/irish/a...ad-1603889.html

Aer Arran are fairly strong these days (well, as strong as any airline can be) they're well capitalised and are strengthening their position with various partnerships. They also cop for a fair bit of Irish Government subvention so most of their routes are profitable. AND they've been fighting off Ryanair for years and that shows how strong and determined they are. Mr O'Leary doesn't get fended off by too many people!!

If they are going bust why advertise in National Geographic, or am I missing summat?

If they are going bust why advertise in National Geographic, or am I missing summat?

You may have been misled by the title of this thread, which although appropriate at the end of 2008, might now be more correctly retitled "Aer Arann re-running 50% bonus voucher special offer"

Once I get to the magic 250 posts, I may well do this.