Lost - Season 5 (viewers Discussion)

Did you also happen to notice the drawings at the beginning of the episode? The guy is looking through various papers, one is a map and the second is a drawing that looks like it explains the time travel --- there were three timelines, Real Time, Future Time and Imaginary Time.

I think the 'Imaginary Time' will explain A LOT

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Right I have now caught up and I am a tad confused....if Farady says the Island is moving in time how are the non-physical things being moved/transformed etc....the well being a prime example...if the Island moved through time then wouldnt everything on the Island stay relative to each other....if it was only the people moving through time then it would make sense that the physical world around them would change over time....

Quite a number of recent Egyptian references, the statur, the Ankh, Richard's eyeliner (getting a specific shout out), Horace (Horus the Sky God)

Still equal parts compelling and frustrating....

how are the non-physical things being moved/transformed etc....the well being a prime example

I assumed it moved to a time before the well was dug and a time after it was filled in.

But if the whole Island was moving in time, then surely the well would move in time too along with the other non-human items.....not that I claim to be an expert on astrophysics of course!

• 3 weeks later...

There hasnt been much debate about lost for a few weeks.

How does everyone think Season 5 is panning out ? I am still thoroughly enjoying it.

Personally I think the recent Dharma episodes have stunk.

Back to the level shown at the start of series 3. The look on Ben's face though when he woke up to see Locke looking over him was priceless though. Presuming this is followed up in the next episode that should be a cracker

I liked the whole Hurley and Miles conversation in the last episode. Hurley was asking all the questions I think everyone wanted to ask.

God knows how Lost is going to pan out. There is obviously some kind of time loop happening, and it's interesting that because of Kate, Jack and Sawyer, Ben is going to turn out like he does.

I liked the whole Hurley and Miles conversation in the last episode. Hurley was asking all the questions I think everyone wanted to ask.

Yeah, that was why the whole conversation was there because pretty much everybody *got* the timeline and understood that Ben should have met and remembered Sawyer, Sayid, Jin, Juliet and Miles. Especially Sayid. I'm not overly happy on their washed over explanation that he wouldn't remember, I was hoping they would reveal that he knew all along and just didn't let on. I'd have re watched every episode where Ben interacted with those characters just to look for clues :)

and it's interesting that because of Kate, Jack and Sawyer, Ben is going to turn out like he does.

The episode was titled "Whatever happened, happened" and the whole way Ben arrived to be with the others was constructed in such a way to illustrate that their decisions are already made. Nothing can be changed.

What now the odds of Adam & Eve being Jack & Kate?

All we need now is the explanation for how Hurley came to be on the plane, as well as some clues as to what happened to Ben to get him beat up so bad. However, I'm trembling in pantwetting excitement at the plot summary for this week which is To atone for sins of the past, Ben must attempt to summon the smoke monster in order to be judged . Cripes.

Faraday is a mystery. We saw him at the Orchid site in the premiere, so we know he ended up in the past with the rest of them but we've never seen him in the 70s outside of that. Apart from one reference by Sawyer with "well... he was" when asked where he was, we don't know anything.

My guess is episode 12,13,14 will be dealing with Ben, Hurley and Faraday, leading up to a finale set up in 15 and then the two hour finale for 16 & 17, which in case you didn't know is titled The Incident . Now *that's a finale they better not fuck up :)

All we need now is the explanation for how Hurley came to be on the plane, as well as some clues as to what happened to Ben to get him beat up so bad. However, I'm trembling in pantwetting excitement at the plot summary for this week which is To atone for sins of the past, Ben must attempt to summon the smoke monster in order to be judged . Cripes.

:o Now you're talking.....