But surely deserves a thead of its own.

I'd be the first to admit it seems to be seriously, suspiciously, and strangely good......

But maybe the bigwigs of the music industry have finally realised that not acting like a bunch of utter mercenary cunts the whole time is, strangely enough, a good thing after all......

But surely deserves a thead of its own.

I'd be the first to admit it seems to be seriously, suspiciously, and strangely good......

It's nice, but it's pc bound, no ipod/mp3 player, no streaming so no net radio players/360/ps3. Seems very limited to me. Far more useful is something like last.fm which at least can be streamed.

• 7 months later...

Thought I would try this out, visited home page and it is now saying its an invitation only beta...may have changed as from yesterday as far as I can see arrrgh !!

Anyone got any idea how I can get round this...preferably without having to pay or wait to be invited ?

Cheers

Thought I would try this out, visited home page and it is now saying its an invitation only beta...may have changed as from yesterday as far as I can see arrrgh !!

Anyone got any idea how I can get round this...preferably without having to pay or wait to be invited ?

Cheers

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/news...ly-sign-up.html

Ok so I have an invitation now (thanks Declan!) but still have a problem with the site saying my country is not available in my country.

Tried restarting router and eventually got an IP that indicated it was UK based and not IOM based.

Even installed a program called hotspotshield after reading some advice on using a proxy to access. Still the same problem.

Bit frustrating really. Any other ideas/suggestions ?

Cheers

I downloaded and was using spotify months ago but then all of a sudden I tried to log in and it told me I was no longer in the country I registered in, it said if id moved I could change the country etc in my account settings but the only available country is the UK.

Stupid thing!

When an ISP receives a new assignment from RIPE - often GeoIP databases still have the old location information (e.g. the previous ISP). Despite the gaining ISP updating the RIPE database - these databases may only update every so often. You then have 3rd party websites or applications that have even older copies of this cache - with no update policy. So even despite an ISP's best efforts to update the data at the source, it can take weeks or months (or never) for this information to propogate through.

Equal to that is where you receive an assignment which is 'new' to the Internet, you then face the issue of other ISPs\Companies who are filering 'bogons' - despite your new IP addresses now being completely valid. You then have to chase all these companies or ISPs to update their filters.

The best bet is to inform the ISP of the website\application you are trying to access and/or chasing the webmaster or company responsible for the application (e.g. Spotify).

And if you're friendly with your ISP - ask to them to assign you an IP from a pool unaffected by the dud data!

Edited by joeyconcrete