Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
jimbms

Local News

I don't know if anyone watches the news on ITV in the mornings but I noted the local news now comes up as Tyne Tees Border News and what a supprise all the news was based around the east coast of england not one mention of cumbria and as usual nothing about here, seems all the crap about equal news articles was all lies, we are being ripped off again.

They broadcast news about the Isle of Man on the telly?

Not any more it seems! :D

We're moving to Granada, aren't we?

sweet, I've never been to Spain before!

There has been a debate, adverts, articles in papers and on manx radio about ITV reviewing its local news output for two years

There was a consultation, also widely advertised

The decision was taken 6 months ago and widely publicised and mentioned here and on Bordeer News

Seems some people ddn't pay much attention to Border even wne we had it

However on the digital services we will get Granada

In my defence, I hardly ever watch TV and would have even less inclination to watch local news on TV when it's probably already old gossip news in the pub.

There has been a debate, adverts, articles in papers and on manx radio about ITV reviewing its local news output for two years

The decision was taken 6 months ago and widely publicised and mentioned here and on Bordeer News

Someone should tell the broadcasters then, because when GMTV switch to local news we now get Tyne Tees Border so to correct the above, on digital services we do not get granada

Someone should tell the broadcasters then, because when GMTV switch to local news we now get Tyne Tees Border so to correct the above, on digital services we do not get granada

it's from this november / december

So for most of the year we have to put up with them jabbering about wor Kev the bonnie wee lad every five minutes and bursting into tears whenever anyone mentions "wee bairns like."

So for most of the year we have to put up with them jabbering about wor Kev the bonnie wee lad every five minutes and bursting into tears whenever anyone mentions "wee bairns like."

Well, that's the grim reality of life "oop noouarth", Declan.

I will personally miss the adverts featuring pictures of warehouses taken on a rainy day, in places i've never been and hope never to visit.

"Come to the Cumberland! Dum dum dadum Dum!"

Edited by Vulgarian