Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
starlett

Cerrie Burnell Must Stay On Cbeebies

let her crack on. If we're looking at who tv should've banned. Jeremy Beadle and his little pheotus hand shouldn't have got near children. That still scares me today even if he is 6 feet under.

A disability should never effect your employment status, that is a disgrace, it must be bad enough already that she can't play on a playstation or an xbox 360.

A disability should never effect your employment status, that is a disgrace, it must be bad enough already that she can't play on a playstation or an xbox 360.

Don't give her so much sympathy, she can still use a Wii.

I have to watch about 3 hours of cbeebies per day with my 18 month old daughter, inbetween teaching her colours numbers animals etc, the woman in question isn't a bad presenter, and when my daughter is old enough to understand i will explain, i have several friends either with Cerebal Palsy or had a stroke ( i know which is which) and have never hidden from disability, albiet not a missing limb.

My mum said my very first day at school when i was 5 i stuck up for a lad in a wheel chair and beat the shit out of someone picking on him and was nearly expelled, the same mum of mine now crippled with MS.

Its easy to make jokes and puns, but realistically if a parent can't explain these things in life to a child, god help them when the real issues start!

And yes, Beadle still haunts me despite all i have written above, so deep down i have some issues.

> heads for counseling......

Edited by Visionary

inbetween teaching her colours numbers animals etc, the woman in question isn't a bad presenter,

I'm guessing she has to move onto toes to count past 5?

sorry terrible joke but I had to get it out.

Apparently, the bbc actually only got NINE complaints, so the press must have blown it out of proportion. She's a fine presenter - only a complete numbskull would complain about her missing hand.

inbetween teaching her colours numbers animals etc, the woman in question isn't a bad presenter,

I'm guessing she has to move onto toes to count past 5?

sorry terrible joke but I had to get it out.

i agree pretty sh*t mate, far from funny as well....

i find it only takes a few people if not only one to blow something out of proportion which is why the presenters were thinking about dismissing cerrie.

Freddie Mills wroteon February 25, 2009 at 1:36pm

All I'm saying is, is that I've had to put a ban on my children watching C-Beebies, as when my girls see Cerrie on-screen they immediately start crying and are plagued with horrible nightmares of who they refer to as 'The scary stump lady'. I'd be perfectly happy to sit next to her in a restaurant, provided she had someone with her to help her eat. I cannot ABIDE messy eaters.

Why can't she just pop a matador's cape on? Everyone would be happy.

this is what this man thinks of cerrie

Edited by starlett

lol. She could play track and field...

Anyway, I think in this case her disability has affected her employment status in a positive way. She may be a good presenter but out of the hundreds who must have applied for that job, was she really the best person? A case of positive discrimination, i think, and the BBC pushing its 'diversity' agenda.

Interestingly though - I've only known one other person missing a limb .... and I've never known anyone totally confined to a wheel chair, though I've known a few who have had to use one occassionally. Are my experiences typical?

I don't currently know anyone with any kind of deformity or missing limbs. As I youngster I did know Brian Gault ( http://www.amazon.com/Look-No-Hands-Inspir...n/dp/034074636X ) when he came over for the summer holidays. He used to join in with us playing football, we'd stick him in goals. Never did any of us any harm.

Interestingly though - I've only known one other person missing a limb .... and I've never known anyone totally confined to a wheel chair, though I've known a few who have had to use one occassionally. Are my experiences typical?

I don't currently know anyone with any kind of deformity or missing limbs. As I youngster I did know Brian Gault ( http://www.amazon.com/Look-No-Hands-Inspir...n/dp/034074636X ) when he came over for the summer holidays. He used to join in with us playing football, we'd stick him in goals. Never did any of us any harm.

A memorable experience I suppose, especially when it was 311 - 0 to them.

I don't think a disability should be an employment bar either - for example I'd love to see David Blunkett in F1.

there are a lot of people who think that this wonderful woman should not be on cbeebies.

If Blue Peter had Joey Deacon I don't see what all the fussy is about.

I don't think a disability should be an employment bar either - for example I'd love to see David Blunkett in F1.

Or the first deaf and dumb chief minister .... oh hang on a sec.