Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
OnionBreath

Buying A New Mobile Phone

My Nokia 6300 has given up the ghost so gonna get myself a new phone. Alls i need is a decent signal, easy to use and maybe with a camera/video etc in too. Dont know how to use the mp3 stuff or i-phones as im a bit of a technophobe.

Has anyone got any recommendations on which is a good phone to buy? Also im away in manchester next weekend, is it better/cheaper to buy one there than here? Although i know ill have to get it unlocked. How much am i looking at for a new midrange moby ?

Thanks in advance

Onion Breath

My Nokia 6300 has given up the ghost so gonna get myself a new phone. Alls i need is a decent signal, easy to use and maybe with a camera/video etc in too. Dont know how to use the mp3 stuff or i-phones as im a bit of a technophobe.

Has anyone got any recommendations on which is a good phone to buy? Also im away in manchester next weekend, is it better/cheaper to buy one there than here? Although i know ill have to get it unlocked. How much am i looking at for a new midrange moby ?

Thanks in advance

Onion Breath

Why not get another Nokia 6300?

They come in black and silver and are reasonably priced on the sim only phones at Play.com

LT

Nokia phones (and many other electrical gadgets) are pre-programmed in the factory to fail after a period of time to force you to buy another one :(

Nokia phones (and many other electrical gadgets) are pre-programmed in the factory to fail after a period of time to force you to buy another one :(

Have you informed trading standards?

That would explain why all the Nokias I have bought in the past, don't last as long as my Samsungs or Sonys do

I use a Chomondley-Warner Model A 42 Portable Telephonic Apparatus

post-4809-1236544062_thumb.jpg

Seriously though why not pop in Faze 2 and see what they've got - could save some pennies!

Ebay - all the choice you want and probably some of the best prices.

Unlocking is easily done too via ebay. I got an HTC Touch HD recently and paid £15 on ebay to get it unlocked. Took about 10 minutes to receive the unlock code and a minute or two to actually do it. Doddle.

Depends if you want a phone or all singing all dancing device that doubles up as a phone.

I've got a Samsung Omnia which has saved me a fortune.. All singing and dancing but try texting on the move or when pissed. I just give up!

Ebay - all the choice you want and probably some of the best prices.

Unlocking is easily done too via ebay. I got an HTC Touch HD recently and paid £15 on ebay to get it unlocked. Took about 10 minutes to receive the unlock code and a minute or two to actually do it. Doddle.

If you can avoid the dodgy sellers on there, I know quite a few people who have purchased phones, supposed to be brand new and arrived with scratches, or evidence of being used, they are also the worst sellers to get refunds from if it does arrive with any faults

You can buy phones online direct from Nokia here at ok prices.

Thanks in advance

Onion Breath

Go to the library and read Which reports.

Or look at their website www.which.co.uk/reviews

Edited by Moghrey Mie

Depends if you want a phone or all singing all dancing device that doubles up as a phone.

I've got a Samsung Omnia which has saved me a fortune.. All singing and dancing but try texting on the move or when pissed. I just give up!

That's what I had before the Touch HD - superb phone but a lot of the stuff it does needs a serious amount of pissing about before it works properly. Much happier with the Touch HD except the camera isn't as good.

You're right about the texting though. :D