Birth Certificate

Survivor

Does anyone know how I can get hold of an IOM Birth Cert quickly - and do you reckon I can get it here in NZ or would I have to get it sent from the IOM?

I have tried googling everything - don't really want to have to wait for the post from the other side of the world and having to pay in £ is a pain in the arse when all you have is $.

Any help would be great!

You have to get from the Registry of Births death and marriages in Douglas

You have to order

they take about 48 hours

Number is 00 44 1624 684242

There is a fee

I will see if you can order pay on line

There are two types short form and full. Different fees different purposes

Paying online via credit card would just be brilliant! I need it for my other half as he needs it for his residency application here in NZ - don't know why we completely overlooked that side of things. He needs to show the parentage so not sure which one that would be or do both short and full forms cover that?

Do you not have a (relative/someone) here you can (email/scan a signed letter to) requesting a copy and then they can go down to get a copy for you. Will the authorities there accept a scanned copy of the certificate?

From the registries website:

Q How can I get a copy of my birth certificate?

A Providing you were born on the Isle of Man, you can obtain a copy of your birth certificate, on payment of the prescribed fee, by either calling into the Douglas Registry Office or by making a request in writing. Please do not send cash through the post. All cheques should be payable to "Isle of Man Government" and crossed "Account Payee Only".

if you can arrange someone to call in they do not need a letter any one can inspect the Register and order anyone elses certificates! So a friend could call in today and it would be ready Monady to colect and tey could post

If you phone after 09.00 you may be able to order by fax or e-mail and pay by credit card over the phone. The registry do have a card payment sytem in place. That may be quicker.

You will need a full cretificate for what you want.

You will need a full cretificate for what you want.

Only if you were born in Peel or Douglas ;) Born anywhere else on the island, an ordinary certificate will do.

Fixed that for you Mr T.

Greetings from the northern capital btw! :D

Only if you were born in Peel or Douglas ;) Born anywhere else on the island, an ordinary certificate will do.

Fixed that for you Mr T.

Greetings from the northern capital btw! :D

Everyone who chooses to live in Ramsey should be certified.

If you don't manage it, PM me .. I'm Douglas based, so can run down, pick one up, scan and email it to you (then mail you the original). You could Paypal me the funds too

Regards

Owen

--------------------

My Tech Blog - ManxFriends Profile - Catch me on Twitter

Here's what's going on in the Manx Blogosphere Manx Online