Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
alibaba

Kaiser Chiefs At The Villa

Awe I genuinely do feel for people who have missed out on this. I'm glad none of the bands I love are popular on this kind of level, maaaaaaaaad fella, maaaad.

Despite tickets being limited to 6 per person, Manx Telecom were allowed 50 tickets for members of their social club.

That would have been the promoter not the DTL.

NO IT WAS NOT THE PROMOTER IT APPEARS TO BE SOME AFFILIATION THE DTL HAVE AS I SIGNED A CONTRACT FOR 6 TICKETS MAX PER BOOKING WHICH WILL BE REDUCED TO 4 PERHAPS 2 IF I PUT ANOTHER SHOW ON.............

I HAVE ASKED WHICH OTHER COMPANIES ENJOY THIS RELATIONSHIP AND IF THIS HAS HAPPENED AT OTHER CONCERTS PRIVATELY STAGED BUT NOT RECEIVED INFO YET

I AM TRULY GUTTED THIS FURTHER PROBLEM HAS ARISEN AND WILL HAVE TO SERIOUSLY CONSIDER OPTION OF ANY FUTURE SHOWS

ALSO PLEASE NOT THE KAISER CHIEFS CANNOT PLAY ANOTHER SHOW THEIR CALENDAR IS ALREADY FULL

ALSO PLEASE NOT WE CANNOT STAGE IT ELSEWHERE BOTH ROM COST/PLANNING/LICENCES/TIME FRAME AND CONTRACT POINT OF VIEW

OK STOPPED SHOUTING NOW!

Lenny

Triskel Promotions Ltd

Lenny, I feel really sorry for you over all this as most of the problems are clearly not your fault. I didn't think the Manx Telecom ticket allocation was down to you as you've seemed to be pretty open with your posts so far. I was pretty pissed off when Dawn Maddrell told me about it on the phone this afternoon.

I was confusing the Kaiser Chiefs with Kings of Leon, I liked them at the same time but I'm over guitary music now :D

Despite tickets being limited to 6 per person, Manx Telecom were allowed 50 tickets for members of their social club.

That would have been the promoter not the DTL.

NO IT WAS NOT THE PROMOTER IT APPEARS TO BE SOME AFFILIATION THE DTL HAVE AS I SIGNED A CONTRACT FOR 6 TICKETS MAX PER BOOKING WHICH WILL BE REDUCED TO 4 PERHAPS 2 IF I PUT ANOTHER SHOW ON.............

Well I hope you're going to sue the DTL now for breach of contract?

Lenny, I feel really sorry for you over all this as most of the problems are clearly not your fault. I didn't think the Manx Telecom ticket allocation was down to you as you've seemed to be pretty open with your posts so far. I was pretty pissed off when Dawn Maddrell told me about it on the phone this afternoon.

Manx telecom get tickets for most shows or concerts, nothing new, just an agreement they have with the Villa

That agreement should only apply when DTL are bringing the acts over, they're not technically the DTL (villa) tickets to give away. Tickets belong to Triskel, who is contractually obliged to sell the tickets through the villa booking system. What happens to the tickets once they're in the hands of the Villa seems to be anyones guess.

I do hope this doesn't put Triskel off bringing other acts over (whether it be in DTL venues or not). Thanks to this company and more specifically Lenny, I've seen some amazing concerts and met some very interesting, funny and memorable people. Long Live such a positive and switched on attitude to music, which not only looks at bringing world renowned acts to our doorstep but also promotes and encourages local music too.

Godbless the man and for those of us who will be at the Kaisers, let's show them what a gig is!

Hey well if your so smart why dont you bring a band over?

Hey well if your so smart why dont you bring a band over?

WTF has that got to do with anything?

I don't think Mutley was saying that out of any sort of sarcasm.

No I read his first comment smacking on Lenny actually. Just another douche ranting and not knowing what they are talking about.

We all do it

No I read his first comment smacking on Lenny actually.

Which comment would that have been then?

This one? >>That would have been the promoter not the DTL.

sigh... I said that because in the past promoters, Triskel included, have offered blocks of tickets to companies ahead of any public sales. So when Triskel said it wasn't him it was the DTL that's when I said >> Well I hope you're going to sue the DTL now for breach of contract?

Comprende? So wind yer neck in sock puppet...