Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
alibaba

Kaiser Chiefs At The Villa

Who gives a toss about the Kaiser Chiefs anyway? Middle of the road pop fodder! What a fuss about sod all.......In another ten years they will be less respected than curiosity killed the cat!!! It's the starvation of any decent bands brought to the Island that renders you all to infantile behaviour such as this!!!! Get a life !! With regards to the bands we have had........ anyone remember, Robert Plant, Lou Reed, Ray Davies, Alice Cooper......and even the Quo?? That's music, what's it all come to.............................????????????

Edited by eddie yates

With regards to the bands we have had........ anyone remember, Robert Plant, Lou Reed, Ray Davies, Alice Cooper......and even the Quo??

No. Thank fuck.

Matchstick Men was a good song, but The Quo should enjoy their cash and put the Teles down. Those chords still grind my gears.

The other acts mentioned were very good, but if you keep looking at the past, by the time these lot have died out there won't be any legends, or whatever you want to call them, left. And you missed the biggest name of all to come overand best of all those gigs, Brian Wilson.

The Kaisers gig will be brilliant as they're a great live band, who already have a strong set of upbeat poppy songs under their belt. Still if you don't like this there's always Slade in December.

Eddie I don't even think you are less respected than Curiosity Killed the Cat :P

With regards to the bands we have had........ anyone remember, Robert Plant, Lou Reed, Ray Davies, Alice Cooper......and even the Quo??

No. Thank fuck.

When youve stopped kissing your Ricky Wilson posters, buy a copy of Mojo! You'll wonder what youve missed out on all these years!

Matchstick Men was a good song, but The Quo should enjoy their cash and put the Teles down. Those chords still grind my gears.

The other acts mentioned were very good, but if you keep looking at the past, by the time these lot have died out there won't be any legends, or whatever you want to call them, left. And you missed the biggest name of all to come overand best of all those gigs, Brian Wilson.

The Kaisers gig will be brilliant as they're a great live band, who already have a strong set of upbeat poppy songs under their belt. Still if you don't like this there's always Slade in December.

Eddie I don't even think you are less respected than Curiosity Killed the Cat :P

Thanks for that, my head is now swelling as it has to be said "down to earth" was quite a slick track. As crap as they were people will always remember curiosity killed the cat, however eddie yates from manx forums, just may......slip by the wayside!

Agreed though, i did miss out Brian Wilson and that was sheer brilliance, fair point! As for Slade, if Noddy was to be in attendance I'd be there, hands up!!!

Great one!

To be fair though do the Kaiser Chiefs make any claims for being a respected band? They make disposable pop music and make no pretence of being anything else. I doubt they think about posterity just as there precursers like Curiousity Killed The Cat didn't. Ten years from now they be a joke that'll be lucky to fill the Outback. But twenty years from now they'll reform and play a remember the noughties night in TT where everyone will go on about them being"legends". It's not serious music, it's light entertainment, enjoy it for what it is.

To be fair though do the Kaiser Chiefs make any claims for being a respected band? They make disposable pop music and make no pretence of being anything else. I doubt they think about posterity just as there precursers like Curiousity Killed The Cat didn't. Ten years from now they be a joke that'll be lucky to fill the Outback. But twenty years from now they'll reform and play a remember the noughties night in TT where everyone will go on about them being"legends". It's not serious music, it's light entertainment, enjoy it for what it is.

Quite, Declan, Quite.........which brings me back to my original point "what's all this fuss about ?" I tell thee..........

Well I'm sure it'll be an entertaining show.

When youve stopped kissing your Ricky Wilson posters, buy a copy of Mojo! You'll wonder what youve missed out on all these years!

I severely doubt it.

Just because you don't like a certain band doesn't mean they're crap. The fuss has mostly been caused because people feel like the whole ticket charade has been badly handled.

You stick to your music and let others stick to theirs. Go and start a Noddy Holder Appreciation thread or something.

I doubt they think about posterity just as there precursers like Curiousity Killed The Cat didn't.

Curiosity Killed The Cat had great posteriors - except Ben maybe, he was a bit skinny.

I severely doubt it.

Just because you don't like a certain band doesn't mean they're crap. The fuss has mostly been caused because people feel like the whole ticket charade has been badly handled.

You stick to your music and let others stick to theirs. Go and start a Noddy Holder Appreciation thread or something.

I have no interest in removing "others" musical interests ! Freedom of speech however allows me to have an opinion Minnie. You stick to your opinion and let other stick to theirs.....................now put your dummy back in!!!

I didn't say you couldn't have an opinion and nor did I spit out my dummy, I merely responded to your comments.....freedom of speech and all that, eh? Your overuse of !!!!!! suggests you are rather more exciteable and angered than anyone else over the posts made. I think that you're maybe reading more into certain comments than is intended.

Sounded more like a criticism of others for having a different opinion to you.

Just because you don't like a certain band doesn't mean they're crap.

I hate it when people say stuff like that. In fact it is very shameful, you should hang your head Minnie.

Sounded more like a criticism of others for having a different opinion to you.

Not at all, Not at all ! If I shared the same opinion as both Minnie and yourself, that would render Minnie with a lack of someone to whinge at, and you without a bandwagon to jump upon!

Cum on feel the Noize......................................