Manx Mosque Facebook Group

Amadeus

Just bear in mind that Islam is the antithesis of Western democracy before you are so willing to allow its infection to further spread across the Island as a result of ignorance of what Islam really is all about, and complacency that ‘things won’t be changed by another mosque yessir’.

They will.

Thank fuck it's not a synagogue then

The question is, would there be an outcry if it was a synagogue? I think not.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just bear in mind that Islam is the antithesis of Western democracy before you are so willing to allow its infection to further spread across the Island as a result of ignorance of what Islam really is all about, and complacency that ‘things won’t be changed by another mosque yessir’.

They will.

Actually that's quite a racist thing to post.

They will.

Yes Rog was quite racist. Unfortuently he represents the very few radical jews out there. Most jews are loving and sucessful people from my experience. I feel quite sad for Rog.

Edited by Irwezsh

They will.

Yes Rog was quite racist. Unfortuently he represents the very few radical jews out there. Most jews are loving and sucessful people from my experience. I feel quite sad for Rog.

Well I have to agree with you there as I feel quite sorry for Rog as well !!

How many 'mainstream' religions are in existence now that preach hatred to other members of the human race that do not happen to subscribe to their particular beliefs?

The Muslim faith seems, perhaps, to be at the forefront in that respect. Yet it's interesting that they'll embrace the ideology of the Western infidels, as and when it suits buying, for example, football clubs or spending billions on building resorts in the desert to attract the filthy lucre of the Westerners (whilst exploiting, in a horrendous fashion, other Middle / Far-Eastern races as labourers).

There are more Muslims preaching hate than those of other religions but I think that has less to do with the religion and more to do with social and political background.

The situation is little different in the UK and the West. Here we have a largely Christian country supposedly built up on noble values such as democracy and liberalism yet because of our economic system many workers are exploited, though not to the same degree I admit as with Indian workers in Dubai, for example.

The Israelis seem little better and how many people remember that, in their initial display of aggression in the Middle East, they were prepared to kill British troops?

Graculus, I don't see the point you are making here. Israelis are Jews and some Jews killed British troops in Palestine, but what does that matter? Most Europeans are religious yet have been killing each other for centuries.

Taking at look at the World overall, we haven't really progressed very far in 21 centuries. It's just seems that the exploitation of the less well off has shifted on a geographical basis and I wonder how many 'residents' on the Island have played a part in that in recent years?

Who are you comparing us to?

Also, there's no such thing as race.

He did call Islam an infection though....

It is a crass term. I wouldn't use the word infection myself but the Islamic faith, as with all religions, could be said to be like a spreading infection of lack of thinking in humans.

There is nothing racist about criticising religion and it should be criticised. I do have to wonder why Islam itself is seen to be a problem and not other religions but maybe Rog needs to explain some more.

Edited by La_Dolce_Vita

I've read what a lot of you say, but I'm not persauded that a dominant religion like islam or others are in the long term interest of our Island.

An increasing minority of moslems in the UK seem to have a disproportionate representation. I would not like our Island to have the overwhelming presence of moslems as some towns in the UK. I fear there is more trouble ahead.

I like the Island as it is, even though the Manx are a minority, we all seem to get on well.

Most Europeans are religious ...

No they're not.

Yes, I think you are right, most hold belief in God, though the majority of those believers are Christians? And they were certainly a majority a century ago and before.

Due to your use of grammar, I don't know what this means. I'll hazard a guess though:

Yes, I think you are right, of course I am.

most hold belief in God, Do they? What do you base this on? I hope you're not insinuating that I said that.

though the majority of those believers are Christians? That's a statement with a question mark at the end. How is anybody supposed to interpret that?

And they were certainly a majority a century ago and before. They were what? Religious? So what?

Edited by Mr. Sausages

Graculus, I don't see the point you are making here. Israelis are Jews and some Jews killed British troops in Palestine, but what does that matter? Most Europeans are religious yet have been killing each other for centuries.

You miss the point completely. We live in the 21st Century and yet still there are still people killing each other on religious grounds. Do you think that is acceptable?

My reference to the Israeli / Palestine situtation was made purely to reflect some balance in the context that religious hatred and aggression is not confined to a particular side of the religous spectrum.

However, I do think that your comment that the fact that the Israelis killed British troops doesn't matter is pretty sick.