Jaks

perfectly acceptable description. did used to just think repetitive boring twat but now complete dickhead is more apt.

Fair enough then, you obviously have your reasons. I don't read all threads, but didn't think "Slim" was thought of in that way. Thats all.

I was there the other day. The slate plates are not good IMO, especially if you don't like the sound of chalk on a blackboard, such as if you scrape your knife/fork across it.

I had the gammon, which was a bit dissapointing - too thin, and came with just a few new potatoes.

Not value for money IMO. There are too many pubs charging restaurant prices IMO, when the real cuts start to come I can see several of them falling over quite quickly.

Nice restaurant layout, but that's the last I'll be seeing of it.

a wee bit but still holds true, given he called my 90 year old grandmother a 'dickhead' because a bike race was a little bit delayed.

Your granny is a church?

Albert, agree on the slate plates, not for me. Seems the owners open to feedback though, we'll have to see what the majority prefer.

I was there the other day. The slate plates are not good IMO, especially if you don't like the sound of chalk on a blackboard, such as if you scrape your knife/fork across it.

I had the gammon, which was a bit dissapointing - too thin, and came with just a few new potatoes.

Not value for money IMO. There are too many pubs charging restaurant prices IMO, when the real cuts start to come I can see several of them falling over quite quickly.

I'm sure they'll be devastated to hear that.whistling.gif

I'm sure they'll be devastated to hear that.whistling.gif

Thanks. Next time I'll spend the thirty quid on a new striker for Luton Town.

Don't get the whole steak on a slate thing that seems to be in vogue. The Abbey do it, just seems really pretentious to me and a pain if you like steak rare and end up with blood etc dripping off the sides.

Had a rump steak (on a plate) in Hampstead last week with a pepper and mushroom sauce for £13 that was just fantastic.

Hi

I am sorry your the gammon was on the thin side, however all the gammons & steaks are measured by weight and not thickness

all our gammons are 10oz and we instruct our butchers to cut heavy rather than light so I can assure you that yours would have been the correct weight, we have taken off the salad garnish because people where just not eating it.

As for the slate plate I have eaten off them myself and did not find any difference, but if you ask the server we will gladly put your meal on one of the old plates (with a garnish FOC). We don't want anyone leaving disappointed so please let me know.

my email is andy@jakspub.com.

Thanks for your comments.

Andy (Director)