Coronavirus topics renamed and some locked. No new topics. ×
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
K.os Theory

Modern Warfare 2

Quote:

Originally Posted by utterdisturbed View Post

I'm guessing kill streaks don't count towards the nuke? I was over at my mom's house and my little brother was trying to get the nuke. Killstreaks and care package drops weren't counting. He ended up getting the nuke by killing all 25 guys with his gun / claymores / rpgs. The first couple times he was going for it he dropped a harrier and a pavelow, they didn't do shit for him. Then he switched to a chopper gunner and attack helicopter. Again they did nothing.Also, I swear the ninja perk is broke. I've seen kill cams of my friends dying appearing on the heartbeat sensor when they are using ninja with the pro.

yeah, the killstreaks things are kinda weird, IW really needs to explain that shit.

The Ninja perk isn't broke, i've found out. Play in a private match with someone with a HBS and someone with ninja on.

Evidently, the killcam is just a recreation of the game data and showiing up on the sensor is just a glitch.

original text

I seen the unfortunate side of free-for-all last night. Playing a map last night (Karachi I think) - top of the leader-boards, then all of a sudden some guy was on 20 odd kills, 3 deaths. Next thing - tactical nuke and game over. WTF I thought, I dont remember him killing me. Next map, again, he gets the tactical nuke - by which time I'm thinking wtf.

It goes on to Invasion - I'm doing quite well, then notice this guy knifing the same person over and over again. I managed to find the two little scrotes hidden in the building at the very top of the map, with tactical insertions killing each other. They're using the Kill streaks (Harrier\AC-130) along the way and eventually doing it enough to get 25 for the nuke. At the end of the map - in the lobby you can hear them (must be about 12) - saying "its my turn next".

Next map was Afgan, same thing, but a couple of us had them sussed and found them hiding in a remote corner of the map. After 'interrupting' their killstreak on the subsequent rounds, they started bitching and eventually quite out to find another game.

Quite common

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/s...ad.php?t=193040

Edited by joeyconcrete

I seen the unfortunate side of free-for-all last night. Playing a map last night (Karachi I think) - top of the leader-boards, then all of a sudden some guy was on 20 odd kills, 3 deaths. Next thing - tactical nuke and game over. WTF I thought, I dont remember him killing me. Next map, again, he gets the tactical nuke - by which time I'm thinking wtf.

It goes on to Invasion - I'm doing quite well, then notice this guy knifing the same person over and over again. I managed to find the two little scrotes hidden in the building at the very top of the map, with tactical insertions killing each other. They're using the Kill streaks (Harrier\AC-130) along the way and eventually doing it enough to get 25 for the nuke. At the end of the map - in the lobby you can hear them (must be about 12) - saying "its my turn next".

Next map was Afgan, same thing, but a couple of us had them sussed and found them hiding in a remote corner of the map. After 'interrupting' their killstreak on the subsequent rounds, they started bitching and eventually quite out to find another game.

Quite common

you know i thought of this when u see leader boards of kill streak of say 453, thought thay must have a mate killing them.

Why would you be arsed? Simply to level up?

I guess so and to get the different achievements with particular weapons etc. They get the kill streaks along the way too, so it can potentially do wonders to someone's kill score. I can't understand the enjoyment and it ruins a game after a few minutes. Once I figured it out, it was quite fun tracking them down and interrupting their little arrangement.

I can't say that i have ever managed to randomly join a FFA game with a friend already in it :huh: ,

Also if your in a XBOX party you cannot join a FFA type match to stop this sort of thing ;)

I though that. In the lobby they were referring to 'usual place'. I do notice a few clan members joining forces on FFA quite a lot - it must be a bit hap hazard trying to initially identify your friend, but a pain in the arse.

I think hardcore team-deathmatch is going to be my game of choice.

Employing Steam's built-in VAC anti-cheating system, Infinity Ward has dropped the ban hammer on its first round of Modern Warfare 2 cheaters – 2,500 PC gamers, more specifically. In responding to a question on Twitter last Friday, community man Robert Bowling said, "The Steam ban hammer is coming down on about 2,500 confirmed #MW2 cheaters on PC today."

Quite common

would'nt you be spawning at a different place each time you are killed???

would'nt you be spawning at a different place each time you are killed???

Not if they're using tactical insertion.

So how many of you guys have been blown to kingdom come by people using the javelindom glitch?

Or even shot to bits by an AC130 someone got using unlimited care packages?

So how many of you guys have been blown to kingdom come by people using the javelindom glitch?

Or even shot to bits by an AC130 someone got using unlimited care packages?

Sucks, not seem much of it online, hope they fix it up soon.

I've been quite fortunate, not had to deal with any of the problems mentioned so far....apart from the occasional knife class, whereby I become a camper with an autoshotgun :lol: and the dreaded double shotty dudes! :angry:

post-346-1259753452_thumb.jpg

Started to see more "team-killers" appearing in hardcore TDM's now as well, can't stand them <_<