Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
TomTucker

The Courthouse

Paging A A Gill to the IOM.

Went tonight. Loved the decor and well-staffed, big central bar. Food was excellent (queenies for starter and lemon sole). My only slight gripe was that the lemon sole came with new pots but no other veg, but it was cooked beautifully. The queenies were scrummy, and plenty of them. Everyone else's meals looked delicious too.

Aye, impressed, but there again I don't get out much!

Went tonight. Loved the decor and well-staffed, big central bar. Food was excellent (queenies for starter and lemon sole). My only slight gripe was that the lemon sole came with new pots but no other veg, but it was cooked beautifully. The queenies were scrummy, and plenty of them. Everyone else's meals looked delicious too.

Aye, impressed, but there again I don't get out much!

I quite like it there, have been maybe 4 times and have eaten different dishes each time, all have been good.

The service is pleasant and efficient, and the "booths" pn the left are good if you want a private dinner where you can discuss without being overheard.

Its not cheap, but its good IMO. In my top 5 of places to eat on the Island.

Just curious where is the other 4?

I think what is lacking on the IOM is a really decent Surf and Turf Restaurant. The problem with the IOM is there is never enough sunshine for a braai

What, I Pray.........is a "surf and turf" restaurant?????? And are you referring to a barbecue?

Surely, you know what this is- are you just being stupid?

No, Although I am prone to bouts of unbridled stupidity, I really don't know......please elaborate..................................................................?

Allow me to explain. The surf is the seafood and the turf is the meat part. You must try it sometime, it is very nice.

You can get surf and turf at the Hawthorn and thats a pub silly! Will make you vom for a nyt tho

I think what is lacking on the IOM is a really decent Surf and Turf Restaurant. The problem with the IOM is there is never enough sunshine for a braai

What, I Pray.........is a "surf and turf" restaurant?????? And are you referring to a barbecue?

Surely, you know what this is- are you just being stupid?

No, Although I am prone to bouts of unbridled stupidity, I really don't know......please elaborate..................................................................?

Allow me to explain. The surf is the seafood and the turf is the meat part. You must try it sometime, it is very nice.

You can get surf and turf at the Hawthorn and thats a pub silly! Will make you vom for a nyt tho

so what are you saying you surfed by & turfed all over . i like grass i do. a nice bit of turf

Just curious where is the other 4?

I would say

Highlander

Ciapellis

McFarlanes

Route 66

In no particular order

Time to resurrect this one me thinks . . . . Been several times since it has reopened and it has been brilliant, both for bar lunches and restaurant nosh, great service and top notch food and the prices have been kept down, very impressed :-)

Yeah I went recently as well. Good craic.

Nice to see the same heads in there on a Sat night shooting the breeze. Downstairs was fun too, although we had been out all afternoon and things were getting a little deranged.

I really hope they listed to feedback and keep the place buzzing.

Had evening meal the other week. I had rack of lamb which was cooked pink perfect. Good choice on menu and on special board. Will go again. Also liked how they have sectioned off the restaurant area then can walk through to the bar area and get pished properly (which I did).

Went in for lunch on Saturday was very impressed - slow roasted pork belly was amazingly good. Making my stomach rumble just thinking about it! needed more of it though but that's just me being greedy! Service was great too but then it was fairly quiet in there.