Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
manshimajin

Incredible Photo

shuttle6.jpg

Saw this photo in The New Zealand Herald yesterday - the Space Shuttle photographed from 550km away on Earth as it transits across the Solar background. Sorry I can't get a bigger one as the paper's website does not have a large one there. The actual photo in the paper showed a lot of detail on the Shuttle (in silhouette). I am amazed at the technology to take such photos.

I am amazed at the technology to take such photos.

You'd be even more amazed at just how the other way around the technology works too.

You'd be even more amazed at just how the other way around the technology works too.

Only if you've never seen Google Earth.

If you look very closely at the top left hand quarter and squint a bit, you can see Baby Jeebus walking about on the surface with his raybans on.

shuttle6.jpg

Saw this photo in The New Zealand Herald yesterday - the Space Shuttle photographed from 550km away on Earth as it transits across the Solar background. Sorry I can't get a bigger one as the paper's website does not have a large one there. The actual photo in the paper showed a lot of detail on the Shuttle (in silhouette). I am amazed at the technology to take such photos.

Can't see that pic sadly.

One of the ones linked to though shows blue rings around the sun - wonder how they appear like that.

Must be one hell of a filter to take shots like that !!

1.8000 @ f9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999 :)

yes id like to see google moon and google mars as it seems they only need to turn the ................

Only if you've never seen Google Earth.

Think newspaper print - and not just the headlines.

I put up the hubble and shuttle photo here a few days ago - with a link to the original photograher's home page which includes the close up Manshimajin mentions.

Thierry Legault is also in the SBIG's Hall of Fame - some seriously amazing images are in that collection.