How many times do you think that the Toad of Toad Hall will get in the fact he is off to St Lucia soon, I reckon he will get it in a many threads as possible, by the way no offence Toad it's just the way you go about telling us all. :)

How many times do you think that the Toad of Toad Hall will get in the fact he is off to St Lucia soon, I reckon he will get it in a many threads as possible, by the way no offence Toad it's just the way you go about telling us all. :)

Thank you for your interest Bluenose 52, I am most flattered that you follow my postings with such keen interest, but I can only recall mentioning my vacation to St Lucia once, twice if you include this posting.

You have a pleasent day

Thank you for your interest Bluenose 52, I am most flattered that you follow my postings with such keen interest, but I can only recall mentioning my vacation to St Lucia once, twice if you include this posting.

You have a pleasent day

I will and so I hope is your's. ;)

Oh it is!!! I lived in Salford for 7 years, it makes the IOM look like some form of Utopian dream!

Oh right, when? Pendleton, Clifton, and Lower Broughton are rough as f*ck. I thought I had come to Beirut when I moved here seven years ago, but some parts are actually all right, especially in comparison to other areas of Greater Manchester. Its old reputation unfortunately precedes it and it is generally a deprived area. (But would far rather live here than the Isle of Man but then I probably want different things.) Mosside and Gorton - now they are dumps!

I knew Salford 50 years ago - the river appeared to be neat Guiness complete with 2 foot of foam head, there were a few good areas but they were small islands in the midst of old victorian slums or near slums (are there still play-streets as green areas were in such short supply?), the original fictional Coronation street was actually quite prettified compared with some areas not a few hundred yards from Granada studios (then mostly porter cabins).

Gorton wasn't that bad at that time though Mosside was best avoided.