UniSol

Unique visitors: 34,575

Hits: 9,152,044

Bandwidth: 41.21Gb

Most Popular Day of the Week: Monday

Most Popular Hour of the Day: 9pm

Most Users Browsed for Duration: 5mn-15mn

Most Used Entry Page: http://www.manxforums.com/forums/

Most Popular Operating System: Windows (90.5%)

Most Popular Browser: MS Internet Explorer (65.8%)

Top Search Key Phrase: Manx Forums (14.6%)

Most Referals: www.killey.net

New User Registrations: 142

New Topics Created: 627

Topic Views: 286,133

Private Messages Sent: 672

I had a feeling this was where you were going with this.

No, two thirds of the world aren't morons. A lot of people don't have any control over the browser they use to access the internet. Work machines, public libraries, schools.

I'm no fan of IE, and I've not used it on a home machine for a very long time. However, IE8 is actually a decent browser now and provided there are no gaping security holes, it's a more than competent piece of software. People who say otherwise are generally jumping on the Anti-MS bandwagon because they either a) think it's cool to do so or b) their friends told them it was cool to do so.

You'll need to explain to me exactly what *you* think is wrong with my old mum using a fully patched IE8 as her main browser and why she's a moron for doing so.

I don't have a problem with people using it. My first original post was kind of a general dig :) Personally I need adblock+. I can't see how anyone can put up with adverts all over the place. Are there ads on here btw?

Yep, I'm a big fan of Adblock and the various JS blocking tools and it frightens me when I'm forced to use the internet without them. This site does have adverts, just one banner at the top.

I'd move to Chrome in an instant if there was a version of Adblock and Greasemonkey for that.

Yep, I'm a big fan of Adblock and the various JS blocking tools and it frightens me when I'm forced to use the internet without them. This site does have adverts, just one banner at the top.

I'd move to Chrome in an instant if there was a version of Adblock and Greasemonkey for that.

i have just stared using chrome ans for the first time .. a confirmed firefox fan until i reformatted .. thought i would give 8 a try after all the updates came in ..

not going to argue the point about its merits as a browser .. the problem i didnt like was the compatibility issues with alot of sites that havent upgraded for use with 8 .. it just got tiresome have to refresh with the compatibility tab.

as for chrome i like its sheer simplicity like buying a 70s car with a 21st centuary motor in it.

i have just downloaded firefox aswell so i may start using that again when siuts.

as for adblock you can have that with the crawler tool bar and any browser i think.