Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
bluemonday

Bay Festival

The ghost of William Burroughs has expressed an interest in participation, assuming some interaction with the lemurs.

It appears when Mr Astley tours under the Here and Now brand he is usually joined by 3 or 4 other acts such as Kim Wilde, Howard Jones, Kid Creole, Hazel O'Connor, Belinda Carlisle and similar others who haven't had a hit for the last 20 years.

Sounds exciting.............. eh!!!! :lol:

Don't rush out to buy tickets yet, as I'm sure they'll be giving them away by the shed load, like last time. I really hope Mr Quayle and the DTL aren't bank rolling this!!

The Here & Now tour came over in 2002 and was on for a night at the bowl. Toploader was on the second night. Probably a couple of thousand tickets were sold. What with them and Boyzone I almost fear to ask what will be on the remaining night and I have to admit the way it appears to be shapping up I half expect it to be Gary Glitter on the comeback trail.

Edited by Lost Login

Don't rush out to buy tickets yet, as I'm sure they'll be giving them away by the shed load, like last time. I really hope Mr Quayle and the DTL aren't bank rolling this!!

The emails continue to entertain:

"When the tickets go on sale to you next Monday you will be able to purchase any ticket type for either Sunday afternoon or evening (or purchase a combined all day ticket, there are also special family priced tickets for the Sunday) but you won't be able to purchase tickets for either the Friday or Saturday nights but you would be able to purchase a 3 DAY (4 SHOWS) FESTIVAL GENERAL STANDING TICKET FOR £125.00, which is excellent value and saves £23.00 off the individual prices!"

Clear as mud!

The emails continue to entertain:

"When the tickets go on sale to you next Monday you will be able to purchase any ticket type for either Sunday afternoon or evening (or purchase a combined all day ticket, there are also special family priced tickets for the Sunday) but you won't be able to purchase tickets for either the Friday or Saturday nights but you would be able to purchase a 3 DAY (4 SHOWS) FESTIVAL GENERAL STANDING TICKET FOR £125.00, which is excellent value and saves £23.00 off the individual prices!"

Clear as mud!

I think that can be translated as even we think we have a fairly crap line up on Sunday so we are happy to try and sell any tickets for that day that we can.

In respect of Friday and Saturday we reckon we have better bookings that may sell but we are going to try and fleece you first by not selling tickets just for those shows rather you will have to pay for a ticket covering all days if you definately want a ticket. Alternatively it is we still have no definite bookings for the Friday and Saturday but would still like to get our hands on your money.

It sounds like this is a series of evening shows, with one afternoon one and not what most people understand by a festival. Also it sounds as if the seated area is in front of the standing area? And only one stage? For £125? And only only the promise of an "A List Indie/ Rock Band", which judging by the rest of the bill will be Muse or simillarly bland.

Right then so far on Friday we may or may not have Boyzone or similar cack

Sunday is the 'SUNDAY AFTERNOON FATHER'S DAY/FAMILY SHOW and THE SUNDAY 'LAST NIGHT AT THE PARK' PARTY, the latter with seats out is dancing and singing with 'wall to wall' hits for 3.5 hours' which sounds like some kind of covers band or similar to me.

That leaves Sunday with an unnamed Indie/Rock band

And to think a couple of months ago I was genuinely concerned about getting tickets for this, I even considered buying one of the advanced booking 10 ticket offers. Soooooo glad my money is still in my bank account right now !!

This made me laugh

"Sunday is the 'SUNDAY AFTERNOON FATHER'S DAY/FAMILY SHOW and THE SUNDAY 'LAST NIGHT AT THE PARK' PARTY, the latter with seats out is dancing and singing with 'wall to wall' hits for 3.5 hours' which sounds like some kind of covers band or similar to me."

The 3.5 hours of dancing and singing wall to wall hits is going to be this 80's thing with Sounds of the Cave afterwards isn't it? :lol:

So they haven't got a confirmation for Friday or Saturday, well done Irvings.

I dread what the Indie / Rock act will be. Yo have to remember this tent holds 10,000 people. That's an Arena gig. You can't just book Bloc Party, Elbow or Kasabian. Idon't mind if they do play Arenas the Arctic Monkeys can't handle something that big either. You need to spend some serious wonga, Muse was looked at and they would've taken out the whole budget for the 3 days in one gig. This just goes back to my original critisism on the first bay festival, the size of the tent is completely un needed and only there for PR stunt, which is a waste of time if you're only half filling it.

This always was going to be a big ego massage until it came to the crunch and nothing happened.....they should have really gone for a festival feel....more tents, smaller acts...easier to fill, lower crowd expectation etc etc....

So 80% of Boyzone, Kid Creole and Rick Astley.... the queue is forming already. :lol:

With the Coconuts? Could be a deal breaker....

not if Slade without Noddy Holder is anything to go by.

If they we’re alive and well today I’m sure Bernie Winters and Snorbitz would be somewhere at the top of the bill.

I hope those acts mentioned are really not setting the bar for the festival as the rumours to date have sounded like the entertainment for the week at Bultlins.