Rendevous Sports Bar Food 0/10

Jesika

Just a word of warning really, and it isn't a dig at the front of house staff who were very pleasant and cheery but alas the food was vile. We waited 45 minutes for a plate of stone cold fries, a greasy, greasy burger and a ciabatta that could have wedged a fire door open.

I noticed that there were other people who had had a serious wait for their grub and it wasn't much to write home about either. One couples burgers were raw in the middle and another guy asked for his money back as he had been waiting over half an hour for a plate of chips!!!!

This was on Sunday and there seemed to be quite a few in to watch the F1 but i didn't see that many orders go in or come out of kitchen. I couldn't understand why it was so repugnant. I have worked in busier kitchens that fired out meals hot step.

So just to let y'all know enter at your own risk

Just a word of warning really, and it isn't a dig at the front of house staff who were very pleasant and cheery but alas the food was vile. We waited 45 minutes for a plate of stone cold fries, a greasy, greasy burger and a ciabatta that could have wedged a fire door open.

I noticed that there were other people who had had a serious wait for their grub and it wasn't much to write home about either. One couples burgers were raw in the middle and another guy asked for his money back as he had been waiting over half an hour for a plate of chips!!!!

This was on Sunday and there seemed to be quite a few in to watch the F1 but i didn't see that many orders go in or come out of kitchen. I couldn't understand why it was so repugnant. I have worked in busier kitchens that fired out meals hot step.

So just to let y'all know enter at your own risk

Did you get your money back?

I wanted too!!! In the end it came just before we were going to ask for it back and i was that hungry i could have eaten a buttered bog seat!!! I just ate the chips and pulled the filling of my ciabatta out. We wanted to eat somewhere that wasn't KFC etc and everywhere else seemed to have stopped serving or wasn't open.

Maybe thats the plan, if you wait absolutely ages for your order you're less likely to complain because you're so hungry, you just eat the crap put in front of you, if you have eaten whats on your plate then in their eyes you enjoyed it. You could always keep a Mars bar in you handbag for emergencies!

Rendezvous sells the greasiest burgers on the planet, they must inject them with beef dripping prior to deep frying them, there's probably a distortion in the space time continuum somewhere to compensate for the physics-bending kilo of lard that leaks out of a burger weighing 200 grams.

Fair enough they're massive burgers and don't cost much, but a big cheap pile of shit is still just a pile of shit.

• 4 weeks later...