Coronavirus topics renamed and some locked. No new topics. ×
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man

Have you looked at Laserfiche?

Works well for us, but it aint cheap either.

I'm more network support than end user support so I dont get to use the software very much but when I have used it I find that S6 is very slow. It actually takes 2 minutes to start and thats a long time when your sat there looking at it.

Something not quite right there then.

I'm running Invu S6 and the load time is around 10 secs. That being said we came straight in with S6 so I can't compare to S200

I recon if we were coming straight in to S6 it would be fine but our documents are all indexed using the customisable spare text fields and not really using their file types so wouldn't convert nicely to S6. I might just stick to S200 for as long as I can then see what is about then.

LaserFiche, Didn't like the look of it when I saw a demo, also had lots of people tell me about problems they have had with it.

Edited by Manxman27

I'm more network support than end user support so I dont get to use the software very much but when I have used it I find that S6 is very slow. It actually takes 2 minutes to start and thats a long time when your sat there looking at it.

Something not quite right there then.

I'm running Invu S6 and the load time is around 10 secs. That being said we came straight in with S6 so I can't compare to S200

The PC I tried it on was a old knacker. I've seen it running today on a quad core with ssd disk and it was 5 seconds to start.

If you're prepared to go Open Source, you might want to look at Alfresco. There's an unsupported labs version which is always free, and a supported enterprise version which you can try free for 30 days and license at relatively modest cost.

We use a mix of Sharepoint (free with certain MS server products) & Laserfiche

You are right Laserfiche has had a few issues but these all seem to be ironed out now and working ok for us.

Give ViewPoint a look http://www.goviewpoint.com/.

They were nice to me when I spoke to them last week about my current project (stealing and scanning forbidden texts from the Vatican library in order to win a bet with the Dalai Lama).