Michael Mcintyre At The Villa

yehyehyeh

Well if he laughs at his own jokes at least he thinks he's funny. What would it imply if he didn't?

Would you go to a restaurant where the chef wouldn't eat his own food?

Thinking the food you cook tastes nice, doesn't make you a great chef, but you have a point. Perhaps VinnieK summed it up better with "That feigned sense of amused disbelief at what a silly place the world can be".

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

£27.50 seems a bit steep for a warm up gig that will no doubt be his "B" material that he has used countless times before.

But no doubt it will sell out in minutes because he is someone from the telly and be hailed a roaring success.

They have seemed to be able to attract most of stand ups big uk talent to the Villa recently though (would like to see Bill Bailey and Frankie Boyle come over and Dylan Moran come back) I still think it would be viable to have big UK bands playing small gigs there throughout the summer if there was a will to get it sorted, surely a better way to pay for the venue than trying to herd and shakedown tt visitors who have already had to morgage their houses to afford a boat ticket.The Triskel gig suggests there is a market for it, the TT gig suggests you can`t just book any old shit and expect people to pay.

£27.50 seems a bit steep for a warm up gig that will no doubt be his "B" material that he has used countless times before.

But no doubt it will sell out in minutes because he is someone from the telly and be hailed a roaring success.

He was on radio 1 the other day saying each show is unique with local material.

Give over the chip pissing eh? We've once again got another comedian at the top of their game. We've recently had Ross Noble, Dylan Moran, Russel Brand and Darra o Brian. This might not be to your taste, but with his own show currently airing, he's a very popular act, and I'm chuffed at the chance to see him live and make up my own mind without having to take a trip.

He was on radio 1 the other day saying each show is unique with local material.

Give over the chip pissing eh? We've once again got another comedian at the top of their game. We've recently had Ross Noble, Dylan Moran, Russel Brand and Darra o Brian. This might not be to your taste, but with his own show currently airing, he's a very popular act, and I'm chuffed at the chance to see him live and make up my own mind without having to take a trip.

I don't mind him as a comedian he is relatively palatable, however he doesn't really seem to have a great deal of material maybe its because I watch a lot of stand up and so have seen him repeat the same jokes in different places.

I agree that the price is a lot better than paying the Racket and a hotel but in my opinion it is just that little bit too much, I was going to go see him had the price been £20-£22. But then again its up to the individual to decide on what they are willing to pay.

I don't mind him as a comedian he is relatively palatable, however he doesn't really seem to have a great deal of material maybe its because I watch a lot of stand up and so have seen him repeat the same jokes in different places.

Always a tricky problem when a comedian is as widely covered as him.

All comedians repeat the same jokes in different places, the idea that every show is going to be unique is absurd.

When they're doing a 'LIVE ON TOUR' DVD of a comedian they'll often record several shows, all of which are largely the same, and just pick the one that 'flows best' for the DVD release.

Frankie Boyle is a bugger, nearly all his jokes on Mock The Week are from his stand-up - doesn't mean he's not funny though.