Michael Mcintyre At The Villa

yehyehyeh

I get the impression though Declan (aka Giles) that if they put on many of the things that you like that they wouldn't have any of this irritating 'nobody can get hold of tickets' malarkey... :)

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How is it snobbery to say one thing is better than another thing? The fact is McIntyre will put on a rubbish show and you will come back on here gushing about it.

Because it hasnt' happened yet. You seem certain it'll be rubbish and I'll have a crap night. I'll wait and see, because I'm not a snob.

Because anything that is tedious and drab you love. You are like the forums's answer to Q magazine. The Villa cost millions to do up and we were promised it was going to revolutionise the cultural life of the Island. But it has had maybe three decent acts since it re-opened, because every time they put on something colourless and lifeless as McIntyre or K.T. Tunstal pissed up sea-lions like yourself go along and aplaud any old crap and thank the great Gods of mediocrity that there was nothing artistic or creative allowed into spoil the party.

Oh, nice generalisation. I go to all sorts, and probably my fave gig of the new villa (apart from the fully awsome Plant aside of course) was the Super Furries. I wouldn't call them colourless and lifeless. I enjoyed KT Tunstall too though, she's a great singer, writes nice enough songs and while not particularly challenging or innovative made for an entertaining evening enjoying music with friends. I'm not going to appologise for having a broad taste Declan, and I'm not sorry I enjoy many of the gigs put on. I feel sorry for you that you can't.

Me and the missus went to see Kings of Leon at the O2 last week, it was amazing. I bet that makes your blood boil eh? :)

I'm not going to appologise for having a broad taste Declan, and I'm not sorry I enjoy many of the gigs put on.

You don't need to apologise for having broad taste. Because you don't have broad taste. The whole nub of my criticism of you is that you have immensely narrow tastes.

Me and the missus went to see Kings of Leon at the O2 last week, it was amazing. I bet that makes your blood boil eh? smile.gif

Why would it? Other than your use of meaningless description - "amazing". They're quite a good band. There's good stuff in the mainstream, and there's good stuff outside it, but you'll never now that. With your blind acceptance of everything Q, Radio 2 and Jonathan Ross approve of as "amazing".

Why would it? Other than your use of meaningless description - "amazing". They're quite a good band. There's good stuff in the mainstream, and there's good stuff outside it, but you'll never now that. With your blind acceptance of everything Q, Radio 2 and Jonathan Ross approve of as "amazing".

I've nowt to prove to you Declan, but I'm interested in how you know the range of my taste? If you're basing it purely on what I've been to the villa here to see, then I'm obviously constrained by what's been put on. But beyond that, how on earth do you know what I enjoy?

Never read Q, only radio I listen to is 6 Music or the fabulous Radio Paradise, and I've never tuned into Ross on the radio in my life. What gives you the right to judge my tastes when you clearly know fuck all about it? You think you know my tastes, because your particular brand of snobbery can't accept that I might like something you consider credible alongside something mainstream like KT tunstall.

I don't even recognise the concept of "credible", Slim. That's something people like you have invented.

Like I asked, what defines 'people like me' declan. What are the extremes of my taste that you appear to know so well?

How is it snobbery to say one thing is better than another thing? The fact is McIntyre will put on a rubbish show and you will come back on here gushing about it. Because anything that is tedious and drab you love. You are like the forums's answer to Q magazine. The Villa cost millions to do up and we were promised it was going to revolutionise the cultural life of the Island. But it has had maybe three decent acts since it re-opened, because every time they put on something colourless and lifeless as McIntyre or K.T. Tunstal pissed up sea-lions like yourself go along and aplaud any old crap and thank the great Gods of mediocrity that there was nothing artistic or creative allowed into spoil the party.

I have to admit that some of Declan's statements on this thread are the most arrogant that I have read in a long while and that takes some doing.

Not only does Declan consider himself to be the sole aribter what is good and bad whilst not allowing that other may have have different taste or opinions, he can also fore tell wether something is going to be any good and whether we will enjoy it. Declan could you give ame short list of what is coming up in the next few months entertainment wise that will be good and that I will enjoy as it would so much easier to have somedody give me a list in advance than have to listen or watch something and make up my own opinion with the risk that I might be wrong.

I have to admit that I am surprised you have time to post on here as I would have thought what with record, TV and film companies knocking on your door for your opinion so that they do not waste their money on duff you would barely have had tome for much else

Ultimately whilst you may not like McIntyre and his brand of company there would appear to be many who do or the Villa would not have had such a demand for tickets. Wether they will have a good or rubbish night is impossible to tell but my money is on the former as having an audience who want to hear your act is half. I have to say that I one one am happy with this is the world would be a very boring place if we all had exactlty the same opinions and taste. In that range it is for each to decide and to be honest even if there was an offical judgement of rubbish does in matter to the people who actually gain pleasure and enjoyment from any such event. Britians Got Talent would indicate not.

I get the impression though Declan (aka Giles) that if they put on many of the things that you like that they wouldn't have any of this irritating 'nobody can get hold of tickets' malarkey... :)

Missed this before. You are quite right, you'd go bust very quickly if you let me do the booking! But, I promise, it'd be a great night!

Lost Login - you've completely missed the point. I don't know any better than anyone else, I just don't have the arrogance to pretend otherwise.

I've nowt to prove to you Declan, but I'm interested in how you know the range of my taste? If you're basing it purely on what I've been to the villa here to see, then I'm obviously constrained by what's been put on. But beyond that, how on earth do you know what I enjoy?

Never read Q, only radio I listen to is 6 Music or the fabulous Radio Paradise, and I've never tuned into Ross on the radio in my life. What gives you the right to judge my tastes when you clearly know fuck all about it? You think you know my tastes, because your particular brand of snobbery can't accept that I might like something you consider credible alongside something mainstream like KT tunstall.

Man alive you are one hypocrite, you question my choice to not vaccinate my child and refer to me in a roundabout way as a bad parent which has in fact feck all to do with you just as any choices you make for your children has feck all to do with me, then wonder why the hell I responded with swear words and yet you get worked up because someone judges you over your choice about going to see a comedien, whilst Declan has been harsh on you with regard to you wishing to see McIntyre, I don't find him funny, have posted that here but everybody is free to see him (if they can get a ticket :D ) you do seem to have your priorities very distorted.......it's ok to take the piss here, I can handle that as I'm sre everyone else can but personal assessments and attacks about a person and their choices are surely out of bounds,no?

Man alive you are one hypocrite, you question my choice to not vaccinate my child and refer to me in a roundabout way as a bad parent which has in fact feck all to do with you just as any choices you make for your children has feck all to do with me, then wonder why the hell I responded with swear words and yet you get worked up because someone judges you over your choice about going to see a comedien, whilst Declan has been harsh on you with regard to you wishing to see McIntyre, I don't find him funny, have posted that here but everybody is free to see him (if they can get a ticket :D ) you do seem to have your priorities very distorted.......it's ok to take the piss here, I can handle that as I'm sre everyone else can but personal assessments and attacks about a person and their choices are surely out of bounds,no?

Matt, in the vaccination thread people did try and explain the decision to vaccinate your child had a lot to do with social responsibility. I assume you were either unaware of that or ignore it.

When MacIntyre plays The Fall every week on Sunday morning telly, I will forgive him for stinking out the Villa.

Incidently Stewart Lee is on Comedy Central at the moment.

Been watching his stand-up on Youtube. Very funny stuff, but his delivery would put me to sleep. I just wish I could go see Margaret Cho and Steve Hughes - they're the best.

Edited by La_Dolce_Vita

I'm not worked up at all, in fact I'm enjoying the discussion. I don't understand why you find a disagreement so offensive, but it's not something we have in common. I've not made any personal attacks, I don't know you, but I do think you have no clue what you're talking about when it comes to vaccinatoins.