Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
oogie boogie

New Bar On Victoria Street

Does anyone know the opening date for that new bar next to the library?

They're not doing things by halves in there. :)

Speaking of which I saw a guy outside McDeaths with a suit on before.

Yep , its called Chapters and it opens in approx 4 weeks.. and it is going to look ace inside, all old school video games etc.

4 weeks is pushing it. Though we may have the building done by then. We're thinking of doing staff training (I know, it's a difficult concept...) which will take a few weeks, and we have August shutdown of Europe that might screw up furniture, lighting etc.

As it's not a bar, we will have only a restaurant licence, so if you want alcohol, you have to eat...

There'll be more info soon, but there's some details on the temporary website below.

I thought the same re the guy in the suit!

Cheers :)

From the web-site:-

Think ultimate contemporary menus and 5 star service, but think again if that says hard-to-digest prices, and over-attentive staff.

-------------------------------------------------------

from the Courier 'jobs today' :-

be pro-active, excel in aggressive hospitality

Anyway - good luck!

excel in aggressive hospitality

Hmm what the fuck does that mean ? "Heres the fucking menu you cunt" , (as the waiter/waitress delivers a bone jarring uppercut at the same time as passing you the menu) ."The chef's special is fucking great , order it now" . "Enjoy your bastard meal or I'll break your head" . Hmm can't see this aggressive hospitality catching on although in some places it would be a marked improvement.

That worked quite well here

it just means good, well-delivered service. A couple of examples would be being shown to your room in a decent hotel or getting assistance choosing the right nails in b and q rather than being told 'they're somewhere on aisle 5 mate'.

Hopefully we will get good staff!

it just means good, well-delivered service. A couple of examples would be being shown to your room in a decent hotel or getting assistance choosing the right nails in b and q rather than being told 'they're somewhere on aisle 5 mate'.

Hopefully we will get good staff!

Aggressive is possibly a poor choice of words , there can be a fine line between an attentive waiter and a pushy overbearing waiter .

Good luck though hope it works .

Edited by Nosferatu

i guess it's not brilliant wording, but i didn't invent the phrase. There's nothing that annoys me more than in your face staff as more often than not it shows a lack of awareness of the customer's actual needs. Eg three different staff members asking us if we'd like desserts when we'd already told the first, no.

there are a couple of issues with pinball, but we're trying to get a couple. We'd want something of the same era, the area with the games is retro early 80s aimed at people who remember then. Which means, i think, that we'd need a mechanical pin, as opposed to a more recent one. Headache maintenance wise and very expensive.