Swine Flu Megathread

and a healthy person won't even take time off work with this flu.

Quite right. You should take it to your workplace and spread it around people who may have other health issues at the time so they can get seriously ill. :rolleyes:

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The media are full of shiiiiiiiiit, and a healthy person won't even take time off work with this flu.

There... don't panic. don't buy tabloid and sensationalist papers, there for idiots, especially 'The Guardian' who in my opinion are proper feeding this. Go read some real educational stuff about the flu written by people who know what they are talking about.

Are you taking the piss? Your son was ill enough for you to call an ambulance and tie up paramedics, and you're saying it's nothing?

You're entitled to your opinion mate, but don't you think using words like 'tie up paramedics' a little condescending. Was I meant to do something else. :whatever:

Sorry I wasn't clear enough for you to understand.

Sorry, did I miss the part where it was properly diagnosed and confirmed as H1N1?

It's pretty obvious there was no diagnosis and I don't think anyone will be properly diagnosed unless they are on deaths door. But of course you could be right, I could just be hamming it up for attention. On a probability scale, I think Swine flu is a good candidate, you're welcome to disagree, but I wouldn't bother.

and a healthy person won't even take time off work with this flu.

Quite right. You should take it to your workplace and spread it around people who may have other health issues at the time so they can get seriously ill. :rolleyes:

Yeah, OK ANS.... whatever..... Like you've never passed biological material to another person.... I find that hard to believe seeing how good you are at piling your crap on here... you're so perfect... that might be why so many of us find you so irritating. :lol:

------------------------------

As usual, the cretinous vultures start picking... My point was to try and alleviate some of the fears being fed by the media by giving my experience.

IT'S JUST FLU, STOP WHINING ABOUT IT.

Nobody has ever said it's anything but flu though, and the mortality rate is very low even when compared with a normal seasonal flu. It's the level and rate of infection that's the problem.

Recommending people go to work is simply moronic and flies in the face of all the advice medical professional have given. Tell me, who should I trust? My GP or a barely literate anonymous poster on the internet?

That question is rhetorical. (Click on the word for an explanation of what that means in case you're unsure)

Staaue, if it was A H1N1 I'm glad you had the mild reaction which is prevelent in about 90% of cases - I admit I don't tend to read the more hysterical parts of our media, but the BBC, politicians etc have gone to considerable lengths to say that in the main swine flu is mild.

But for a small proportion of the cases - usually younger people - it CAN be severe involving hospitalizations and worse.

Sure pass on your personal experience, but I think you should at least acknowledge your case is limited in its scope - it is not unreasonable advice to keep yourself quarantined away not to spread it to others more at risk from you.

It looks like this is a once in 50 years event - ie like Hong Kong flu, its not the end of the world, but don't pretend its not unusual - more people will probably die from than are murdered in the UK each year - I don't feel that the authorities are over-reacting telling you not to spray snot all over the place, keep yourself to yourself while you've got it and take some tablets which have been shown to reduce the severity of the symptoms.

a big concern is that as tissue paper etc is introduced into the drainage/sewage system it could easily mutate

That is a real worry. If toilet roll begins to mutate we could be faced with this...

giant-toilet-roll-bathroom-jokes-ph.jpg

That's Bellyache's bathroom isn't it?.

Toilet roll conveniently sized to cope with all the bullshit that comes out of him.

:D

That obviously looms large in your subconscious.

Has Manx humour bottomed out or just gone down the pan?

Edited by bellyup
You're entitled to your opinion mate, but don't you think using words like 'tie up paramedics' a little condescending. Was I meant to do something else. :whatever:

No, and I wasn't being condescending. But if even 5% of the population do what you did, then the emergency services will be severely affected, and that makes it a serious problem. I was trying to point out the contradiction in your post, not suggesting you shouldn't have called paramedicts.

Sorry I wasn't clear enough for you to understand.

What part didn't I understand?

As usual, the cretinous vultures start picking... My point was to try and alleviate some of the fears being fed by the media by giving my experience.

IT'S JUST FLU, STOP WHINING ABOUT IT.

It isn't just flu. You don't call ambulances for flu. You don't get flu normally in July. The numbers catching this has already passed normal annual flu. Flu doesn't cause the lung complications you mentioned in your post, making it more serious for people with health issues like Asthma.

It isn't just flu, and your post confirms that.

I wish they'd shut the f'ck up about swine flu. I'll probably end jinxing myself, catching it and dying a terrible death for saying this but I think the media are blowing it out of all proportion. 100's off people die from regular flu each year, never mind swine flu. Anyone remember bird flu? What happened to that, I seem to remember there was a lot of fuss over that as well.