• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went to see the film, mainly to cheer the other half up - thought it was going to be some transformery type film that I would have to endure - but WOW - very pleasantly surprised.

Came out of the cinema thinking - damn, been a long time since I came out of a movie thinking that was a damn good film. Would go back and see it a 2nd time too.

Amazing to think the lead has never acted before and didnt even audition for the part.

Thoroughly recommend. 5 thumbs up!

Any guesses how long it will be before Animal turnes up in this thread decrying the extensive use of CG in the film and then somehow managing to throw in a reference to it being almost as bad as The Dark Knight? ;)

District 9 has the benevolent sort of CGI, where it's a necessary part of the film and it's not flashy in any way, it's also convincing and natural, it's part of telling the story.

Overall, the CGI in District 9 is absolutely exemplary.

Other potential plot holes:-

How come when it's taken 20 years to collect enough fluid and then Wikus sprays loads of it on himself they still have enough to fly the ship?

Also in a shanty town of 1.8 million it seems highly unlikely that the first shack Wikus looks for refuge in when the helicopters arrive just happens to be Christopher's.

He only sprayed a bit of the mugwump jism, maybe they just extracted enough and a bit more to make sure they could make it back

As for the other one it's not really a plot hole, it's just a bit of artistic license.