Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
Sidney

Bankruptcy Listings For The Iom

I have been given the oppurtunity to do some business with a person who I have been led to believe recently went through personal bankruptcy, though this person strenuously denies it.

Is there anywhere on the Govt. website which has a list of such court actions? I had a good look through the website and cannot find it.

I know there is a list of recent financial court judgements which was posted on the forum a while ago but cannot find the thread either.

Any assistance appreciated :)

I have been given the oppurtunity to do some business with a person who I have been led to believe recently went through personal bankruptcy, though this person strenuously denies it.

Is there anywhere on the Govt. website which has a list of such court actions? I had a good look through the website and cannot find it.

I know there is a list of recent financial court judgements which was posted on the forum a while ago but cannot find the thread either.

Go to WWW.GOV.IM/REGISTRIES/COURTS/ENTBOOKS.XML

Exactly what I was looking for, thanks.

not looked at the list, but by personal do you mean that the individual him/herself went bankrupt, or a solely owned business of the individual went bankrupt?? of the type ' it's time to fold my ltd company and start again bankruptcy cos i owe a lot of creditors but i'm not really bankrupt at all, i just built up a lolt of credit and didn't pay the bills so i could rip people off?' ' get your hands off my M5 it wasn't a company car!!

just having a good skeet at that, does anyone actually pay their Sure CW bill??

ha ha i was thinking the same,

Having worked in crapy accounts departments all my working life, I would ask the question "Does anybody ever pay their bills?" The people/companies on the list do not change, I've heard the coroner is 'difficult to contact', these people know they can get away with it. They'll be the ones eating Caviar and drinking Champagne looking down their nose at you.

If you are really bothered there are firms which can investigate this for you.

"Does anybody ever pay their bills?"

only when i have to

grrr..... that is pretty shocking how much is owed to Cable & Wireless... and down to really shabby attitudes like above.....

Great clamour about how competition is needed for Manx Telecom, then when it's provided no-one seems to want to pay up...???

:angry:

"Does anybody ever pay their bills?"

only when i have to

grrr..... that is pretty shocking how much is owed to Cable & Wireless... and down to really shabby attitudes like above.....

Great clamour about how competition is needed for Manx Telecom, then when it's provided no-one seems to want to pay up...???

:angry:

thing is u never see manx telecom in there, so i would say thay have a diffrent way of dealing with non payments,

MT have appeared in there. They can do other things to aid credit control, cut off the landline or let 'you' pay 7p a week til 'your' £50K bill is cleared, not all comms. companies can afford that kind of turn around on bill payments.

Gazza, your reply doesn't surprise me, you might think you are clever and funny, but I think you're pathetic, pay your bills you common thief.

NB the Bankruptcy index is notoriously poor.

First there is some mis indexing for instance Roy Tilleard is listed because he applied to make someone bankrupt!

Second some applications are made to embarass or annoy there may not be any debt and Orders are never made but they are still listed

So you cannot take the index as a list of bankrupts

It is a list of personal bankrupts only, not of company liquidations. It can be difficult to spot phoenix directors/companies/firms

MT have appeared in there. They can do other things to aid credit control, cut off the landline or let 'you' pay 7p a week til 'your' £50K bill is cleared, not all comms. companies can afford that kind of turn around on bill payments.

Gazza, your reply doesn't surprise me, you might think you are clever and funny, but I think you're pathetic, pay your bills you common thief.

i do pay my bills, u find i never once said i diden,

i said when i have to, so after 30 days that means i have to pay cause thats the normal credit time,

so u will find i do pay,

just wish i got paid faster then i pay ppl,

Any assistance appreciated smile.gif

Anyone have any idea where this list is now please ?