Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
Sidney

Bankruptcy Listings For The Iom

The Gov removed the downloadable PDF and put a username and password login to this list a few years back. Then that disappeared. I emailed Gov asking for access to the list years ago (after they put a password on it) but they decided that I did not need to have convenient access to it (i.e. they refused to give me the password, and I assume I can still go to the registry and look at the entry book).

My reason for wanting to use the list, as I told the Gov, was to regularly check companies we deal with and potential new clients at work, before we extend credit. We have since had to file small claims procedures that could have been avoided if we could have seen that the company stopped paying bills to others.

I just put it down to the government finding new innovative ways to be shit online, I guess there is a reason somewhere that easy access to the entry book has been removed for mere members of the public.

Does anyone think that chancery is exactly 'what it says on the tin'? it is all rubbish and expensive rubbishy bullshit at that :)

How can I find out if a judgment is registered against me?

If you are not sure whether any judgments have been registered against you, you can search the Register of Judgments and/or Trust Online. You may view the Register of Judgments at the Court Office/public counter.

Basically you can view the registers at the General Regisry or you can go online and pay to see them through a UK agency

The Gov removed the downloadable PDF and put a username and password login to this list a few years back. Then that disappeared. I emailed Gov asking for access to the list years ago (after they put a password on it) but they decided that I did not need to have convenient access to it (i.e. they refused to give me the password, and I assume I can still go to the registry and look at the entry book).

My reason for wanting to use the list, as I told the Gov, was to regularly check companies we deal with and potential new clients at work, before we extend credit. We have since had to file small claims procedures that could have been avoided if we could have seen that the company stopped paying bills to others.

I just put it down to the government finding new innovative ways to be shit online, I guess there is a reason somewhere that easy access to the entry book has been removed for mere members of the public.

Who says we don't need a Freedom of Information Act now,quite often in the UK newspapers,the reporters say after requesting under the FOI act,they discover facts about certain firms,people,etc which,if there was no FOI,a lot could be swept under the carpet,I find the Government website is not very helpful.