Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Gilly G. Ossenfeffer

£400 For Pussy?

Cats are about the same size as a small dog and they should therefore be about the same price.

More ManxForums gold.

%age is a bit of a forum hero, innit?

My mum had one of those designer label cats (mainecoon) it was always ill, then died of some liver thing aged 4. I've always had 'stray cats' one lived to 26, the other only 15 (sadly I shared her demise with you 2 years ago) if you are talking VFM (thats Value For Money) a stray cat is where it's at.

Thought I'd take a look if anyone was after kittens on manx net, as my 3 little treasures will be ready to move off soon. When there, I read:

23. For Sale: Manx Kittens £50.00 13/08/2009

24. For Sale: Manx Kittens £150.00 13/08/2009

25. For Sale: Wiemaraner Bitch £400.00 13/08/2009

26. For Sale: Blue Pedigree Ragdoll Kittens £400.00 13/08/2009

I'm shocked. Who would pay £400 for a kitten? Even for a dog that's steep. Unbelievable. It must be one helluva special pussy for that money!

Edited to add: If anyone is interested in having one of the 3 prettiest kitties in the world, PM me. 2 Tabby boys and a Torty girl.

Ragdoll kittens are incredibly cute though. However, go to ard jerkyll and see how many little moggies are dying for a good home.

You would be lucky if you only came out with one!

Thought I'd take a look if anyone was after kittens on manx net, as my 3 little treasures will be ready to move off soon. When there, I read:

I'm shocked. Who would pay £400 for a kitten? Even for a dog that's steep. Unbelievable. It must be one helluva special pussy for that money!

Edited to add: If anyone is interested in having one of the 3 prettiest kitties in the world, PM me. 2 Tabby boys and a Torty girl.

Advert for the £400 kitten states 'The kittens available are pets only, and not for breeding from'. Why not? That's what you're doing? Oh but then you wouldn't want anyone else making money from them.

Er, who are you talking to? Maybe you should read the thread..... :rolleyes:

Er, have done. See the advert for the aforementioned Blue Pedigree Ragdoll Kittens. He's requesting that the buyer does not breed from them but surely that's exactly what he is doing?

http://www.manx.net/viewad.asp?catid=85&adid=122340

Advert for the £400 kitten states 'The kittens available are pets only, and not for breeding from'. Why not? That's what you're doing? Oh but then you wouldn't want anyone else making money from them.

Er, have done. See the advert for the aforementioned Blue Pedigree Ragdoll Kittens. He's requesting that the buyer does not breed from them but surely that's exactly what he is doing?

well he dont want the price comeing down if u breed from them

well he dont want the price comeing down if u breed from them

Exactly....he's clearly making a nice little earner out of cute pussy cats for £400 each....

He's requesting that the buyer does not breed from them but surely that's exactly what he is doing?

I wonder if "The kittens available are pets only, and not for breeding from." is cat breeder's shorthand for 'we sell them neutered'?

Coming from someone who hates cats, i can't see what the fuss is about. People say that dog owners are arseholes, well i think that the only difference between cat and dog owners i that cat owners are discreet about being arseholes. This is nicely illustrated by the fuckwit trying to flog cats off for £400, and the person saying that if you buy the cat then you can breed it.

You can buy a car for £360, put a full tank of petrol in it for £40, then pick up your friends and go for an adventure (with a picnic inbetween - someone else buys the food), and it is much more beneficial and enjoyable that owning a cat. They leech off you, leave hair everywhere, and arent beneficial to your health, why pay for that?

And if you take a really deep breath whilst holding them a certain way and then blowing up their backside, they do a good impression of bagpipes.

There are many uses for cats which make them better than going for a picnic with some friends in a car.

Edited by nipper

Coming from someone who hates cats, i can't see what the fuss is about. People say that dog owners are arseholes, well i think that the only difference between cat and dog owners i that cat owners are discreet about being arseholes. This is nicely illustrated by the fuckwit trying to flog cats off for £400, and the person saying that if you buy the cat then you can breed it.

You can buy a car for £360, put a full tank of petrol in it for £40, then pick up your friends and go for an adventure (with a picnic inbetween - someone else buys the food), and it is much more beneficial and enjoyable that owning a cat. They leech off you, leave hair everywhere, and arent beneficial to your health, why pay for that?

ROFL, one of the funniest things i have read in a long time.

I have 3 cats, and (one of them especially) is so much fun and so affectionate i couldn't imagine being without her. If you don't like cats, that's fine, but when my last cat died, i would have paid anything to save his life, would have sold my car, my computer - you name it.

People value things differently. I'm not a dog fan, but i wouldn't say "a computer is a better investment", it's all relative to the person.

i think u find most ppl dont buy a kitten for £400. only the slight mad ones.

you know the crazy cat ladies

Maybe the plea for the buyer not to breed them is because they are siblings and may mutate if bred with each other?

Isn't that how we ended up with the Manx cat?