Carines Coffee Shop Peel

Manxwolf

I found this place a decent change from the norm in Peel. The food was fresh and home made, Esp. the cakes. the prices were reasonable, the coffees were made properly and in all, a pleasant experience....Has anyone else tried it yet?

I found this place a decent change from the norm in Peel. ....Has anyone else tried it yet?
I bet you own it don't ya. ;)

Wherabouts is it? Stand by for unbiased comments from manxforums massive panel of gourmet food tasters...

Edited by manshimajin

Thats exactly what i thought!

That's OK though - very brave courageous to let loose the oxygen of Manxforum's publicity from its fearless food critics! Could be make or break....better be good...

• 2 weeks later...

Carine's is absolutely lovely! Good food and friendly people. The little 'lounge' room is great, especially in winter when they have the fire lit. Bury yourself in a sofa, grab a bunch of magazines and...ahhh. Much nicer than my own front room. Mmm, and they do scrambled eggs with a toasted bagel - not so ye olde greasy spoone of Peel!

After reading about it here we went along the other day. Very nice indeed. Welcoming owners and pleasant banter. Good coffee and very nice cakes made on the premises. An interesting range of sandwich fillings. As Bendytoy says the lounge area on the left as you go in is really pleasant - I can imagine it would be lovely in winter with a fire lit.

It will definitely be a reason for going to Peel along with the kipper baps.

Callows Yard coffee shop owner please go along and have a lok at how to run a place well.

Wherabouts is it? Stand by for unbiased comments from manxforums massive panel of gourmet food tasters...

Opposite the Post Office. :thumbsup:

Its a lovely shop, nice staff, nice stuff. Coffee isn't my favourite, but then I'm a fussy bastard when it comes to that. Can't fault the cakes, fantastic. Nice to have somewhere that not only bakes their own stuff and isn't preproduced, but has variety. :cool:

Opposite the Post Office. :thumbsup:

Its a lovely shop, nice staff, nice stuff. Coffee isn't my favourite, but then I'm a fussy bastard when it comes to that. Can't fault the cakes, fantastic. Nice to have somewhere that not only bakes their own stuff and isn't preproduced, but has variety. :cool:

Thanks. I found t the other day and agree with your comments (see above). Thought coffee not bad but would agree its not the best on the Island - but the best in Peel.

Thats exactly what i thought!

That's OK though - very brave courageous to let loose the oxygen of Manxforum's publicity from its fearless food critics! Could be make or break....better be good...

Ha Ha Manshimagin, Nope i dont own it. But i do know someone who does. My wifes parents. My Missus works the counter, and we live above the shop. Thanks for all the nice comments. i will ask them to keep up the good work.

Edited by Manxwolf

• 2 years later...

Carine's is owned by my in-laws (Manxwolf is my brother-in-law) and I've offered to update their online presence so they now have a Face Book page called Carine's Coffee Shop and also a twitter account @carinescoffee.

These will be used to update about specials, events and also as a place to leave feedback.

Thanks for the feedback in this thread and might see you on FB or Twitter.

Simon