Money Counting Machine

johnquayleiom

I have a load of shrapnel (1p's, 2p's, 5p's) to pay into the bank. I have been told HSBC has an automatic counting machine which will save me about 3hrs by not having to count it - does anybody know if this machine exists or do i need to get a load od those little plastic bags?

Argos sell a coin counting machine its called an ultra coin sorter £29.99.

I have a load of shrapnel (1p's, 2p's, 5p's) to pay into the bank. I have been told HSBC has an automatic counting machine which will save me about 3hrs by not having to count it - does anybody know if this machine exists or do i need to get a load od those little plastic bags?

Plenty of coin counters on Amazon.

And you could pay 19p of that in bronze coins, and £5 in 5p's ! - but anything over that isn't legal tender apparently.

Doing a trip to the UK in a car? In the UK there are machines I've seen outside ASDA/Tesco that count change and give you notes back, but deduct (2% I think) for charity. Worthwhile, and everyone's a winner I spose - used one a couple of years ago in Southport.

And you could pay 19p of that in bronze coins, and £5 in 5p's ! - but anything over that isn't legal tender apparently.

Doing a trip to the UK in a car? In the UK there are machines I've seen outside ASDA/Tesco that count change and give you notes back, but deduct (2% I think) for charity. Worthwhile, and everyone's a winner I spose - used one a couple of years ago in Southport.

that sounds like a handy piece of kit - the banks should have them

They should get one over here for the hyperbaric chamber.

2% of the change I have got stashed will fund the thing for years

You can search for the machines here. Hmm...damn my altzeimers, looks like it is more than 2%, closer to 7.9% now apparently - but you get the chance to choose your chosen charity too in the UK.

I think a few machines over here would do very well for certain charities.

Personally, if I had 30+ quid in change I didn't and wouldn't begrudge the donation. Might be very different and expensive for businesses wanting to count change though.

nice one

Although it doesn't help John, I think the small change currency collection facilities at airports are a really good idea. At Ronaldsway it is in the departure lounge so, I assume, gets mainly Manx coinage. Do they ever publicise which local charities they benefit? (Apart from the Runway Extenders' Widows' and Orphans' Fund, of course.)

Most major banks in the UK have one of these machines, you literally just chuck a massive bag of change into the big swirly wheel thing at the top, and it gobbles it all up and then reports back how much it's found, ready to be paid into your bank account. I was quite impressed by the antics of such a machine on a recent visit to the UK.

Provisioning a machine with a donation to charity sounds like a particularly excellent idea, hopefully one of the banks here will take the idea on? (Once they've finishing sacking people and/or closing down, that is.)

Got something similar from Woolies last year.

Does a good job of SORTING the coins, but when the tubes are full, the amount that is supposed to be in them is never right resulting in you having to count the coins before you bag em anyway! :blink: