The Grosvenor - Andreas

Just been up there for lunch with wife and littlun.

Thoroughly recommend it.

Hearty pub food, served quick and hot. The couple now running the place were very friendly and accomodating for the baby. High chair brought out without need to ask for it. Couldnt be more helpful.

Worth seeking out if you are up North!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

http://www.facebook.com/groups/grosvenorandreas/?ref=ts&fref=ts   Been open ages!

Just been for dinner - lovely big juicy gammon steak, reasonable price and friendly service   Was doing good business despite the wind which was nice to see

I like the place and have friends in Andreas but it seems to have such massive swings between good and... well.... shut that I don't even think of it now

Had food there today and have to agree that it is very good with pleasant staff and large portions of hot food , at first i thought i may struggle to finish it all but i managed to get it all in :D proper chips too ;)

proper chips too ;)

:) Glad to hear that, far too many places serve up frozen style chips, will try anywhere once i hear they do real chips, looking forward to visiting, its been such a long time since i last stepped foot in the place, probably about 10 years or more.

Had lunch today there with Mrs Cresta and it was pretty good.

Nothing fancy, fish & chips and scampi & chips.

Fish was excellent, really good batter, my scampi was nice, decent tartare sauce, not home made by all accounts but better than those horrible little sachets you get. They are proper chips although in all honesty they were a bit on the pale side, another minute in the fryer wouldn't have hurt them.

Decent little side salad, bit of coleslaw, mushy peas with the fish and chips, garden peas with the scampi.

Two meals and two soft drinks were £20, which is about par for the course these days I'd have thought.

Staff are very pleasant, place itself has a nice atmosphere, and it's a lovely drive out there too. Not a huge amount of seating though, unless they open up the back during the day when it gets busier.

Certainly worth a visit I'd have said.

eaten there three times including an evening meal, the new hosts have certainly got things running well. We found the food and beer excellent, and the prices are on a par with most places nowadays. I'd certainly recommend it to anyone. Not tried it yet but have heard the Sunday lunch is exceptionally good value and must be booked in advance.

10/10

I have yet to go out there but my mum and dad know the couple who have it now and came back from a lunch there with nothing but good reports. I'm thinking a trip up soon will be needed.

• 1 month later...
Tried there again today :D the Gammon was delish,veg cooked just nice, More monster chips with a nice tasty dippy egg ;)

Forgot to mention that I went a few weeks ago, and wasn't at all impressed. Felt like an old peeps home in terms of layout and decor, food was average and very salty, and service was slow. Wouldn't recommend.

Tried there again today :D the Gammon was delish,veg cooked just nice, More monster chips with a nice tasty dippy egg ;)

Forgot to mention that I went a few weeks ago, and wasn't at all impressed. Felt like an old peeps home in terms of layout and decor, food was average and very salty, and service was slow. Wouldn't recommend.

Its a country pub what do you expect :huh: laserlights and hardhouse drum n Bass in the background, as for your food depends on what you ordered i suppose , Ive had 2 meals and both where spot on the place was clean ,maybe my standards are lower but i like it.

Its a country pub what do you expect :huh:

Personally i would expect it to be serving Sunday lunch after reading of such wonderful food service etc!

We rang to book a table but were told they were not doing Sunday lunch a couple of weeks ago, quite suprised as its not been re opened that long.

Drove all around Ramsey looking for somewhere to eat we wanted to try Bar Logo but it was all locked up as was the Royal George and the Grove conservatory, i even rang Bride Tea rooms but they said they were fully booked!

We decided to try the Swan, it was below average we all left 3/4 of the food but were not even asked WHY we had left so much food.

I was still really hungry so decided to get some desserts to take out from the "fully booked up" Tea room at Bride, fully booked my arse, most of the tables were empty, lots of staff walking past me standing at the counter assuming i was being served by someone else.

This is not how i expect to spend my Sunday!!!