Mt Mobile Phone Call Charges!

I have a Manx Telecom Pay Monthly Account which is not cheap!

I have just noticed that if I call a Cable and Wireless mobile number it cost me 20p per minute on my Pay Monthly account!

If I text a Cable and Wireless mobile number it costs me 10p per text.

However.........

If I had a MT Pay as You Go number (No monthly bills).

A minute call to a Cable and Wireless number would cost me 10p.

A single text would cost me 10p per text and 5p per text from 7pm to 7am.

All in all a big disparity in call charges in favour of PAYG - I am cancelling my monthly account next month and going with the far cheaper PAYG!

Cheers MT :rolleyes:

Last Ten

Edited to add MT Current Call Charges - Clickety

Edited by Last Ten
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But if you have a contract, your free minutes & texts include those to Sure numbers so you're not really better off. I have 4 numbers on my account which means the calls between them are free but we couldn't do that if the kids were on PAYG. It's Swings & Roundabouts really. Go with whatever works for you to my mind.

I changed from MT contract to Sure PAYG 3 months ago and have never regretted it since..Sure also charge you by the second not the whole minute like MT

So does this mean I'm paying for texts to any Sure mobile, as I have unlimited texts on my MT contract?

If so, I've been miss sold my contract!!!!!!!!!!!

I changed from MT contract to Sure PAYG 3 months ago and have never regretted it since..Sure also charge you by the second not the whole minute like MT

So does this mean I'm paying for texts to any Sure mobile, as I have unlimited texts on my MT contract?

its free texts to MT numbers, not to sure,

you prob find it in the small print

When I signed up with MT for my contract 2 years ago it was on the written understanding that ALL local calls and texts were included in free minutes regardless of which network they were made to. However I have noticed over the last 3 months or so that my bills have risen dramatically....I was wondering if the calls/texts to Sure were now being charged for...looks like I have been mis sold my contract too if thats the case. Will look into this further now.

its free texts to MT numbers, not to sure,

you prob find it in the small print

I asked if all texts and calls were included in my free texts minutes, quote " yeah, all texts to numbers starting with 07 are and calls to IOM numbers are just not calls to UK landlines and mobiles ".

I think I'll be going right over my bill now, as I never go over my allowance, so if it has been increasing this would be why and MT will be hearing from the OFT.

I'm not going to pick up every single point in this thread as it's much better you get individual advice from the right people, just a reminder to all that if you are in any doubt at all about anything mobile related please call Manx Telecom on 624624 option 3, option 2 or pop in to either the Victoria Street or Strand Street store and the team will do their very best to explain and point you in the direction of the best tariff they can offer for you.

It is, and always has been, very important to me that you get 'sold' the best tariff for you (regardless of whether that is pay as you go, contract (either in a group to get free calls, or standalone) or indeed even advice about cheaper options for when you are off-Island). Mis-selling is all over the press at the moment, not something I/the team have very often been accused of as I know how much effort we put in to asking questions, explaining what is and isn't included etc. Misunderstandings/miscommunications can occasionally arise, and they are investigated and dealt with appropriately. Giving great customer service is by far and away my biggest priority, not flogging the most expensive phone or plan, we have never ever been targetted that way.

There are pros and cons to any option from any operator, what is important is making sure you understand them (which we can help you with) and then you can pick the best option for you taking into account all factors (available budget, can you commit to a contract term, where you call, text, how often, do you need a new phone, are you wanting a fast 3g network, do you value a strong warranty with replace/repair options, good network coverage, 24/7 local support etc. etc.).

One last quick thing; the current with handset contracts from Manx Telecom are of two different types, both types come with a FLEXible bundle of units for use when you are on-Island, the units can be texts/mms to anywhere, and/or calls to any local number (landline, mobile, including Sure) and/or calls to UK landlines starting 01/02/03. There are also Unlimited options, where you additionally get to choose either unlimited calls or unlimited texts to any Manx Telecom mobile, so if you are a large talker or texter with lots of friends on Manx Telecom, those plans would be cheaper for you. We can tailor our advice to suit your particular need, so as I say, please call or pop in.

Hope that helps and makes sense - I'm probably not going to get a chance to read this again at work today as I'm swamped at the moment, so please don't expect an instant reply if you ask any more questions, but I will try to pop in from home!

Take care

Ariel

I'm not going to pick up every single point in this thread as it's much better you get individual advice from the right people, just a reminder to all that if you are in any doubt at all about anything mobile related please call Manx Telecom on 624624 option 3, option 2 or pop in to either the Victoria Street or Strand Street store and the team will do their very best to explain and point you in the direction of the best tariff they can offer for you.

It is, and always has been, very important to me that you get 'sold' the best tariff for you (regardless of whether that is pay as you go, contract (either in a group to get free calls, or standalone) or indeed even advice about cheaper options for when you are off-Island). Mis-selling is all over the press at the moment, not something I/the team have very often been accused of as I know how much effort we put in to asking questions, explaining what is and isn't included etc. Misunderstandings/miscommunications can occasionally arise, and they are investigated and dealt with appropriately. Giving great customer service is by far and away my biggest priority, not flogging the most expensive phone or plan, we have never ever been targetted that way.

There are pros and cons to any option from any operator, what is important is making sure you understand them (which we can help you with) and then you can pick the best option for you taking into account all factors (available budget, can you commit to a contract term, where you call, text, how often, do you need a new phone, are you wanting a fast 3g network, do you value a strong warranty with replace/repair options, good network coverage, 24/7 local support etc. etc.).

One last quick thing; the current with handset contracts from Manx Telecom are of two different types, both types come with a FLEXible bundle of units for use when you are on-Island, the units can be texts/mms to anywhere, and/or calls to any local number (landline, mobile, including Sure) and/or calls to UK landlines starting 01/02/03. There are also Unlimited options, where you additionally get to choose either unlimited calls or unlimited texts to any Manx Telecom mobile, so if you are a large talker or texter with lots of friends on Manx Telecom, those plans would be cheaper for you. We can tailor our advice to suit your particular need, so as I say, please call or pop in.

Hope that helps and makes sense - I'm probably not going to get a chance to read this again at work today as I'm swamped at the moment, so please don't expect an instant reply if you ask any more questions, but I will try to pop in from home!

Take care

Ariel

This is the part I was mis-sold on then, as I was told it included texts to sure mobiles and now I'm being charged 20p for pleasure?

I was going to pop in today in vain that you would change my correct my contract, as a few of my friends are with Sure, which is what prompted me to ask that question but I've had a shit day at work so far and I'm not in the best of moods and I didnt fancy taking it out on someone who had nothing to do with what I got sold. So I'll pop in tomorrow in vain that someone will correct my contract.

Just to add my bit on manx telecoms charges.

I'm on a £35pm iphone contract and took my phone away for 2 days last month, used it to send a few texts ad made a few calls, and i mean a few, got my bill this month - £65! :o my bill nearly doubled for the month for taking my phone away for a couple of days and for what i'd call very light use.

How can they justify these charges? I might as well just take an 02 sim with me and put £10 credit on it and i would get a lot more texts calls etc, than what manx telecom give me for £30

these are the sort of charges i'd expect when travelling abroad, not to the uk :angry:

• 4 weeks later...