Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
ans

Tyre Pumps

Are there any garage forecourt tyre pumps left these days? I've been to four petrol stations in the last 24 hours and each of them is out of order.

Whatever happened to those value add services that garages used to have to differentiate? Vacuum Cleaners, Jetwashes, Tyre Pumps. They all seem to have disappeared or sit in a permanent broken state of disrepair.

Are there any garage forecourt tyre pumps left these days? I've been to four petrol stations in the last 24 hours and each of them is out of order.

Whatever happened to those value add services that garages used to have to differentiate? Vacuum Cleaners, Jetwashes, Tyre Pumps. They all seem to have disappeared or sit in a permanent broken state of disrepair.

Total garage at Kirk michael has one that works. May be a bit out your way though.

The Shell station in Port Erin has an air and water machine. It requires a token which is available inside the shop free of charge. It is a good, friendly and helpful place.

Thinking about it, the garage in Laxey has an air and water machine, DON'T trust the gauges though. Get a little digital one, they are just great.

Yeah, both a bit far out of the way just for a low pressure tyre. Thanks anyway.

I wouldn't even mind paying for it, I know they must have an upkeep cost.

I'm not sure if it happened to be broken for your visit - but I use the one at the Milestone garage, it does require a bit of shrapnel to operate.

That's one of the ones I visited :/

A foot pump is £5 or a 12v compressor that plugs into cig lighter can be had for £10. Just a thought Ans

I've got one built into a boost-starter jobby, handy to have to be able to do things at home without getting aching legs pumping a foot pump, the garage things always seem to be in an awkward place, blocking the way, hose never long enough, if you move your car to them they think you're scarpering without paying :lol:

An old-fashioned - but usually reliable one - at the Shoprite/Total garage in Victoria Road.

I went there too and it's out of order.

I'm probably just going to walk round the corner to DMS and get a footpump as suggested.

I went there too and it's out of order.

I'm probably just going to walk round the corner to DMS and get a footpump as suggested.

Dont get one of the five-quid things - they fall apart very quickly!

Thinking about it, the garage in Laxey has an air and water machine, DON'T trust the gauges though. Get a little digital one, they are just great.

Proof ( if any more be needed ) that Laxey is indeed the centre of the universe.

And there's a shop that sells felt things.......