Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
Miss Roo

Coffee

Whats going on with these eateries one minute the coffee is good the next its rancid week and tasteless!!!

Please tell us where the best and worst coffee's are served on the Island.

Whats going on with these eateries one minute the coffee is good the next its rancid week and tasteless!!!

Hate myself for saying it, but for a constantly good, freshly ground and yet cheap coffee it's hard to beat MacDonalds. Spill the beans is also good. Java good, but pricey.

The food is largely muck, but they do a good coffee.

Have you tried the Mooragh Park cafe Miss Roo? I have been a few times and have found it to be consistantly pleasant.

Java Express, always good when i pop in.

My house. I refuse to pay, often £2 plus, for something that costs 5p to produce.

Edited: except for beer.

Edited by Albert Tatlock

My house. I refuse to pay, often £2 plus, for something that costs 5p to produce.

1.65 for a double macchiato latte at Costa

Sadly Slim is right. McDonalds coffee is always good.

A Double Sausage & Egg McMuffin meal with a large coffee offers kick-ass hangover relief - and yes, Maccy D's coffee is always very pleasant.

But beer does cost considerably more than 5p to produce so yes you should expect to pay more ;)

I cant argue with Spill the Beans the coffee is always good and if it wasnt they would quite happily sort it out so it was!

I have had Mc Ds some years ago, it was a bad bad coffee, dont know if it was someones last day at work but it put me off for life, unfortunately! :(

I have had Mc Ds some years ago, it was a bad bad coffee, dont know if it was someones last day at work but it put me off for life, unfortunately! :(

Yes, it used to be awful, but back when they were trying to be healthy with salads and stuff they fitted proper fresh grind coffee machines. Now it's very good, try it.

I just find Maccy D's has enough caffeine to kill a donkey in it... far to strong for my pallet !! lol

I had a lovely coffee in Bar Logo in Ramsey yesterday. It was £2.50 for a large cafetiere, more than enough for 2 people. Would definitely recommend it.

I think that particular time i visited Mc Donalds it was probably around 2003/4 so i think i might just try it again next time i am passing by.

A large cafetiere for £2.50 hey, that sounds like a bit of a bargain especially if its as good as you say and can be shared by two people.

You dont see too many places that actually serve coffee in a cafetiere nowadays which is a shame!