Peel Fireworks

sorry it's late but i had to go off island. did anyone witness the pathetic attempt by peel town commisioners to put on a firework display? i drove to peel with my three kids and stood in the cold to watch their latest attempt to save money. the last minute was great but the rest were worse than my neighbours who spent £27 pounds. there were thousands of people there using local services, and expecting a good display. what they got was a limp cost cutting exercise, and a bunch of standard shop bought fireworks. the credit crunch has finally hit peel, can't wait to see the christmas lights bought last year in the B&Q sale

What the fuck were you expecting? Disneyland? Why should a small town on the Isle of Man be wasting its rate payers' money celebrating a foreign holiday for the delight non rate payers?

Edited by Vulgarian
sorry it's late but i had to go off island. did anyone witness the pathetic attempt by peel town commisioners to put on a firework display? i drove to peel with my three kids and stood in the cold to watch their latest attempt to save money. the last minute was great but the rest were worse than my neighbours who spent £27 pounds. there were thousands of people there using local services, and expecting a good display. what they got was a limp cost cutting exercise, and a bunch of standard shop bought fireworks. the credit crunch has finally hit peel, can't wait to see the christmas lights bought last year in the B&Q sale

Should have gone to Port Erin? (sorry Specsavers!)

Funny how different people think? I was stood on Peel prom thinking how lucky I was looking over the bay, Peel Castle lit up and my kids happily on the beach with their friends. A long way from my childhood in a large town.

OK the display was average, but it was free, unless you pay Peel rates.

I know a lot of people who simply come to Peel for a bag of chips and to watch the fireworks.

I didn't see it advertised as anything spectacular, just a simple pleasure in stunning surroundings.