The Real State Of Our Nation

Haha I like the bits about Mary Williams the best, I've not been a huge fan of the woman since she used the CFO post as a stepping stone to 'the gods', you'd have never had that kind of thing going on in John Cashens day. Imagine your goal in life was "To be the top civil servant I can".......nice one, reach for the stars....

For some strange reason, all of these "downfall" vids don't quite have the same humorous effect on me. Must have something to do with understanding what he says :rolleyes:

Edit: just noticed that "Verräter" was translated/subtitled as "Richard Corkill" in that version (2min 34sec in). "Verräter" is the German word for traitor. Perfect, and obviously completely unintentional, timing :)

For some strange reason, all of these "downfall" vids don't quite have the same humorous effect on me. Must have something to do with understanding what he says :rolleyes:

Despite having no German ancestors I have to agree. Whilst I found the version with Nick Griffin as Hitler amusing I really do not find that is the case in this version. I think it is probably down to the fact that there is no way in the world I can envisage Brown getting anry, shouting and trying to act as the powerful leader or any of the ministers being intermidated. If he had simply looked lost and started crying it might have been different.

I'd give them lead alright :) 12 bore.... (I made that up, I know nothing about guns and I certainly would not be able to shoot one, so before anyone goes off to Border News crying about threats of being shot at - I am not a shooter of guns & if any MHKs wind up with lead in them, it wasn't me)

I think it is probably down to the fact that there is no way in the world I can envisage Brown getting anGry, shouting and trying to act as the powerful leader or any of the ministers being intImidated. If he had simply looked lost and started crying it might have been different.

But surely this is the source of the humour in this video and others like it.