Sky- Scam Caller's

(008001218143) SCAMMERS - phoned asking me to renew SKY protection plan - knew my street but not my number started asking for details - hung up on them advise you hang up on them too)- sky have had complaints about this scam - they are aware but dont know how the scammers are getting the info sky also ask for a password when they phone you, these guys didnt and SKY only phone you if you phone them - if they do ask you for a password give a wrong answer and see if you get through - (9 times out of 10 you will)

NEVER GIVE YOUR DETAILS OVER THE PHONE TO ANYONE

From the same forum post:

I got a call and it was on behalf of Sky offering me insurance for my sky equiptment. I have just called 0800 083 2432 to be removed from the calling list. It'll take up to 30 days for your number to be removed for the list so no doubt I'll get a few more calls from them before then.

Did you have any luck registering?

I've had calls from Sky saying my insurance is runing out, and if I renew now it would be at a discount. When I asked for the date it runs out they can't answer. But I was advised to always ask callers like this to post policies so you can read the small print. They never do.

It's not D&G. They are cold callers assuming you have Sky and misleading you into thinking Sky are calling them. D&G are the only company approved by Sky.

http://www.craigknighton.co.uk/blog/unsoli...ral-08001218143

---

That said - there may be some confusion here. Possibly not everyone here is talking about the same calls.

D&G are in the business of extended warranties - which are arguably a bit of a scam in general but not total fraud. Since there are also utter scammers who cold call and con people into paying out for totally fraudulent warranties.

The OP here has been cut and pasted from another forum AFAIK.

FWIW - Sky should and often will fix problems for no fee since they hate losing customers.

D&G are in the business of extended warranties - which are arguably a bit of a scam in general but not total fraud. Since there are also utter scammers who cold call and con people into paying out for totally fraudulent warranties.

to be fair i dont see much diffrence between them apart from one is somehow legal and the other aint :rolleyes: