Hi,

Does anyone have an iPhone on pay as you go with MT, and if so, can you confirm if the 3G internet works with it?

The sales droid says not, but Im certain that I saw that it can do.

Can anyone confirm please?

Gavin.

You can get onto the intarweb on MT payg, you cannot get onto the intarweb using an iphone on payg.

Not sure about a jailbroken phone, there will no doubt be an app that lets you configure the handset so that you can mess around with the mobileconfig files and add the generic settings.

On manx pay monthly you can get full internet service, web, IM, youtube, appstore, internet radio etc.

On manx paygo you can only get web service(not sure if its full www or just WAP pages), no IM no youtube no appstore.

And you cannot bypass it.

Hope its gonna help you.

Edited by fastie

Sorry to hijack this but on the same lines - I have a 3g Iphone and its with Sure, I also have a email account with manx.net. My question is I can send and receive emails when connected to wifi but not when connected to the internet (although i can surf the interweb).

Anyone any ideas of the settings for the mail side?

I got an iPhone (1st generation, so no 3G) when I was on PAYG on MT, and I just switched to PAYG on Sure instead - much cheaper rates, and the internet actually works. On top of that, it's 1p/mb as opposed to MT's 50p/mb, so it means I can actually use the internet when I'm out and about without worrying about a ridiculous drain on my credit.

I got an iPhone (1st generation, so no 3G) when I was on PAYG on MT, and I just switched to PAYG on Sure instead - much cheaper rates, and the internet actually works. On top of that, it's 1p/mb as opposed to MT's 50p/mb, so it means I can actually use the internet when I'm out and about without worrying about a ridiculous drain on my credit.

Can you port payg numbers?

Yes.

Yup.. moved my MT payg to a Sure contract a couple of days ago.