Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
Bill Posters

The Co-op

The Coop. IS it the Manx Coop? Does anyone know if the Coop is truly Manx. It would be nice if the profits stayed here.

(I have waded through various threads but can't find the answer)

It is a mutual - the profits are given back to the members as the dividend - the Island Coop is part of the UK organisation with headquarters in Manchester (my Manx divi card will work in many English + Scottish Coops - however it wasn't accepted in some English midland coops but not sure why)

I like the Coop - I find picking up a few bits far easier there, and they do the occasional useful offer.

You get more divvies at Tesco though. I was trying to fight my way through there yesterday, with 'people' continually blocking the doors and aisles giving it: 'ooh I said, oooh she said, ooh I said...'. I said to two stoooopid 'ladies' blocking the entrance door with trolleys, yackety yacking: 'why don't you just move a yard to the left, so you can block the door completely - numpties?'.

And of course, no sign of a 'Roman Chariot' style shopping trolley when you want one - with knives and spikes on the wheels. When I open up the 'Albertco shopping centre' - I'll definitely have them.

I like the Coop - I find picking up a few bits far easier there.

Clearly you've never been in the one in Port Erin. The aisles are about half-a-person wide.

I dont know but it is very expensive!

Maybe in general, but tins of sweets for Chrimbo are just a cheap as anywhere, and last week we got three bottles of vino collapso for £10.00.

Does anyone need anything else to live on other than chocolate and wine ?

Maybe in general, but tins of sweets for Chrimbo are just a cheap as anywhere

The big tins of Quality Street and Roses, Christmas favorites, are £5 in Tesco. Half price. Is that the same anywhere ?

The big tins of Quality Street and Roses, Christmas favorites, are £5 in Tesco. Half price. Is that the same anywhere ?

Fairly sure they had two for £10.00 in the CO-OP.

I like the Coop - I find picking up a few bits far easier there.

Clearly you've never been in the one in Port Erin. The aisles are about half-a-person wide.

Aye. It's a bit of a bugger. You need to perfect some pirouettes just to get to the cream.

Fairly sure they had two for £10.00 in the CO-OP.

You're right there, CP.

And of course, no sign of a 'Roman Chariot' style shopping trolley when you want one - with knives and spikes on the wheels. When I open up the 'Albertco shopping centre' - I'll definitely have them.
They'd come in handy for shopping in Lidl.